Chapter 29 ✔️

Dear Diary

They say that the eyes are the window to the soul. You can hide the truth with your smile but your eyes are usually the ones that betray you at the end. For mom it was the same. She welcomed us with warm smiles and tight hugs but her eyes were screaming in pain. A mental battle that she's trying to fight and the results are showing in her dull eyes. No matter what she has said to me in the past I still hate seeing her like this. I just wish she would let me in.

~Ally

" Why are you up so early?" I hear Emily whine from my bed.

I look over to her figure sprawled out over my bed. She didn't want to sleep in one of the guests rooms so I offered for her to sleep in here seeing as I have a queen sized bed. I mean the girl is small. How much space could she possibly take?

Boy was I wrong.

I pray for Emily's future husband. No one should go through that torture in one night.

" I couldn't sleep." I deadpan as I stand up from my study and head over to my door.

" Coffee." Emily yells as I exit my room and start walking down the passage.

I'm more in need of coffee than Emily at the moment.

Just as I was about to head down the stairs a door opens from my right and I'm suddenly pulled into the room. Before I can register what's happening, lips come crashing down on mine.

I moan against Tyler's lips as he pushes me up against the wall. He holds me in place with his one arm on my waist and the other on the wall behind me. He deepens the kiss by licking over my bottom lip and I gladly grant him access. I try and forget that I look like absolute shit right now as Tyler continues on exploring my mouth.

" Now that's one thing I'm grateful for." he breathes deeply down my neck.

I stifle a laugh as he kisses down the crook of my neck and hopefully not leave any traces behind. I'm not in the mood to please and explain to my mom. Not today.

" Good morning to you too. " I say as Tyler finally retracts his lips from my neck.

A few more seconds and I would've taken him here in the laundry room.

" Morning beautiful." he greets kissing my cheek.

" Why-"

" Ally?" I hear my mom's voice.

Shit.

Before I can think of an escape plan the door opens and in comes mom with a questionable look on her face.

" This isn't the bathroom." I gasp in shock as I look around my surroundings.

Mom glares at me when I walk around her to leave the room. Tyler can deal with this one.

Today is Thanksgiving. We're not leaving until Sunday so I'm still stuck here for a few days. When we got here yesterday we didn't plan on doing much. Mom had asked us to help her prepare for today by baking and doing those kinds of stuff you usually see in the movies. After that Emily forced us to binge watch the Twilight movies and we ended up falling asleep. I'm still surprised Tyler didn't whine once. I know he's secretly a fan of Edward's.