Chapter 39 ✔️

Family's differ from one another. Some are bigger than others and some are wealthier than other. Some have more problems than others and some avoid any sort of problem. Where my family is disfunctional and doesn't communicate, Tyler's family have people breathing done their necks and a 17 year old who is engaged. It's interesting how different our families are.

" No. Absolutely not." Rachelle exclaims as she stands up from where she was sitting at the dining table.

" What do you mean no?" Hayley asks utterly confused.

I see where this is going.

" No as in you're not getting married Hayley."

" He already put a ring on it. " Hayley states as she lifts her left hand to show the sparkly ring on her finger.

It's a nice ring. I wonder where the guy got the funds to pay for such a rock?

" And I'm putting an end to it. " George finally speaks up as he too gets up from his chair.

" Why don't you want me to be happy?" Hayley cries out.

I feel really awkward right now. This is a family situation and I'm just sitting here enjoying a piece of chicken.

" You're too young!" Tyler yells from next to me.

Of course that's what he would say. I wonder that if he knew earlier that this guy was engaged to his sister if I would've been able to stop him from beating him up? Probably not.

" I'm almost 18!"

The room falls silent again. All that is to be heard is the heavy breathing from the Andersons. I won't be surprised if the guy backs out of the engament after what he witnessed today.

" Mister and Misses Anderson-" the guy finally decides to speak up.

Bold move.

" Zip it." Tyler growls making me budge him in the rib with my elbow.

" Let the guy speak." I whisper so that only Tyler can hear me.

" I know we got off on the wrong foot here but I truly love your daughter and I want to marry her. I hope that you as her parents only want the best for her and will allow her to step into the next phase of her life with me by her side." the guy continues.

" What's your name? " the words accidentally slip from my mouth.

Everyone turns to look at me with questioning looks. What? It was bothering me okay. Not that I'll be able to remeber his name.

" Clark. " the guy answers with a light smile.

Clark. Not a difficult name to forget.

" I can't do this. Not the night before Christmas Eve." Rachelle sighs before walking out of the dining room.

" We'll discuss this in the morning." George warns both Hayley and Bark-I mean Clark.

Close enough.

I watch as George walks off after Rachelle. With the two of them gone it's just me, Tyler, Hayley and Clark left. I'm surprised Tyler hasn't jumped out of his chair and strangled the poor guy.

" Tyler please understand. I love him." Hayley pleads.

The poor girl.

I'm not saying that marrying at such a young age is wrong but I do understand why it would upset some people especially when those people are her family. They just don't want her to mess up her life when it's only starting.