Chapter 25 ✔️

Dear Diary

It's been a while since I sat down and wrote down my thoughts. To be honest my thoughts are just all over the place and I find it hard to keep them at bay, nonetheless write them down. In other words, I'm meeting Tyler's parents today and I'm totally freaking out. I shouldn't forget to mention that we kissed. Yes I know, I even surprised myself with allowing it. Truth be told, I didn't regret it. Ever since the kiss Tyler has been more affectionate toward me. Finding ways to be closer to me. Holding my hand while we're walking and especially glaring at each male figure who dares to look in my direction. If I was an outsider we would look like a couple. But we're not a couple. I'd like to keep it that way... for now.

~ Ally

" It would be appreciated if I could have your attention while being stuck in a car with you."

I look up from my diary to glare at Tyler. He throws me a quick glance and manages to wink before looking back at the open road.

" You're the one who invited me along. " I scoff. I close my diary and throw it onto the backseat of Tyler's car.

" I did invite you, yes, but you can't expect me to keep myself busy for 8 hours." he shrugs.

I roll my eyes. 8 hours is a long way to go. That's why we decided to leave today, which is Thursday, so that we can have most of the weekend to meet up with his family and not feel drained. If things go acording to plan and we don't get stuck in horrible traffic we'll be able to reach his hometown just after 10pm. My body is already becoming stiff and we've just started driving.

" We have to stop for snacks. I'm dying over here." Tyler whines after the first two hours.

This isn't the first time I'm hearing about his unbearable hunger. He's been complaining for the last 20 minutes and it's driving me crazy.

" You're the one driving." I roll my eyes as I exhale loudly.

" The next stop is 45 minutes away." he complains.

Oh for the love of God.

I turn the music up to block Tyler's on going pleads. I told him to stop at Target while we were still in town but he didn't want to listen so now I'm stuck with a grumpy baby.

" I see a gas station! " Tyler announces in excitement after what feels like forever.

My thoughts about knocking him out and driving the rest of the way fades as we pull up to the empty parking lot of the gas station. Tyler is the first one out and doesn't even bother to wait up for me as he dashes into the store.

3 bags of chips, 2 boxes of cookies, 1 tub of ice cream, numerous candy bars, soda cans and 2 corn dogs later we finally climb back into the car. I shake my head as Tyler sinks his teeth into a candy bar and opens up the tub of ice cream.

I'm woken up when I hear a ringing go off in the car. The music has stopped seeing as someone is calling from Tyler's phone that is connected to the car's bluetooth. Looking over to Tyler in confusion, as if I have never heard a phone ring, he answers the call.

" Hey lovebirds." I can basically hear the smirk in Emily's voice.

" Hey Em." Tyler chuckles as he gives me a quick glance.