Chapter 35 ✔️

" If I die today I'll make sure to give your address to the devil." I warn Tyler while trying to get some life back into my freezing toes.

" Stop overreacting and enjoy Mother Nature." Tyler states while rolling his eyes.

" I would enjoy it more if it wasn't 50 degrees outside! " I snap.

Tyler sighs in disappointment as he looks down at the map he is holding. Does he even know how to read the damn thing? My guess is no.

" The cabin should be here somewhere." he says more to himself.

" You said that 2 hours ago. " Parker whines from behind us.

Emily has fallen asleep on his back while he was giving her a piggy back. I don't know how she sleeps through this cold weather. Parker looks as if he's on the verge of passing out. I would be too if I had to carry Emily for 2 hours.

" It's not my fault the map isn't accurate." Tyler scoffs making me almost burst out laughing.

Yeah blame it on the map.

" You're supposed to know where the cabin is because according to you, you came here a lot as a child." I glare daggers into his head while speaking.

We're lost inside the woods and Tyler is too stubborn to admit it. We haven't had signal for the past few hours and so Tyler decided to follow the route by using a map he just so happens to carry around. It didn't quite work out the way we all hoped.

The week we have been through was stressful. After I said goodbye to my dad I walked back to the dorm just in time to witness Tyler punch Ashton. Luckily I didn't miss anything. Before I could show him a piece of my mind Tyler threatened him and Ashton disappeared shortly after.

Emily was an emotional wreck the whole week. Tyler and I tried everything to make her forget about that asshole she liked to call her boyfriend but nothing seemed to cheer her up. I felt helpless because usually Tyler cheers her up. That was until Tyler showed up with Parker the other day and ever since then Emily has been sliglty less moody.

Does she have a thing for Parker? They would make a cute couple now that I'm thinking about it. I'm sure Parker has some feelings towards Emily seeing as he almost strangled Ashton through his apartment door the day we found out about the abuse.

" Guys please just give me a minute to figure this thing out." Tyler sighs while straightening the map in his hands. He won't be able to see anything in a while seeing as the sun is starting to set.

Man it's just getting colder as the seconds pass.

" We're lost. "Tyler finally admits.

No shit Sherlock.

I groan in frustration. Of course something like this would happen to us. We're just 4 college students trying to get away for the weekend before our first week of exams. Is that so much to ask for? Apparently so.

" Looks like we're camping out." Parker states as he starts waking Emily up.

He's going to have muscle aches for days after Emily's weight.

I turn towards Tyler and shoot him a glare sent specially all the way from hell. How could he be so stupid to lead us into the woods with no idea whatsoever where the cabin is? Now he got us all stuck and we're probably going to die due to frostbite.

" Babe I'm sorry." Tyler apologizes for the tenth time since we came to the conclusion that we're camping out in the middle of the woods in the freezing weather.

I don't react to Tyler's excuse of an apology. Of course I'm pissed off. I hate getting cold and I hate not knowing what animals are around us. Isn't the woods the ideal place for a serial killer to do a mass murder?