- 𝐊𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐨 𝐓𝐞𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐮 (𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥)

a/n: this is for @_Sin_Rostro_ and for anyone else who has trouble inserting themselves with a darker skin tone!! much love <33 this ones gonna be long but bear with me :*
art creds: kanan on twitter

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

2nd person pov

middle school, the worst three years of your life, being judged for having a different skin tone than others. pushed around for being different in general. you hated them

you could never stick with one friend group, they despised you for being you, for something you couldn't change.

"i'm sorry (y/n), you're just too different for us."

your confessions to various boys you liked were always rejected.

"um... i really don't feel the same way (y/n). in fact, i don't think anyone would feel the same way about you. i mean look at you."

and yet, as soon as you entered Nekoma for your first year, preparing yourself for the unnecessary commentary about your appearance, everyone admired you.

you caught the attention of boys and girls in your classroom, they loved the way your curly hair bounced with every step you took, captivating their eyes that would never seem to leave you.

the way the school's uniform hugged you in every right spot, fitting you to sheer perfection, making people envy you for how perfect your body was. how your skin tone complimented the uniform so well.

your plump lips, never seen without your cherry flavored lip gloss, making everyone want to capture their lips to yours.

they saw you as someone beautiful, someone who they loved.

"(y/n)! your hair is so beautiful i'm so jealous!"

"you're so pretty!"

"i would kill to have your body"

it made you happy to have people finally accept you for you.

and so with this new found confidence, you started becoming more outgoing. you made friends with everyone in your grade, which meant having some secret admirers here and there.

and by here and there, i mean everyday.

you were now a third year, walking down the halls of Nekoma with your best friend (b/f/n) linked to your side. with every step you took, you basically radiated confidence.

a random boy who was a second year, approached you, stopping in front of you taking your attention from the conversation.

"good morning (y/n)-senpai! you look really nice today!" he handed you a bag, which had some goodies in it, "please have these as a thank you for helping me the other day!" he soon left, not even giving you a chance to reply to them.

"ne (y/n)-san, that's the second one this morning!" your best friend poked your side as she gestured to the candies, "you better give me some" she reached in to get the goodies but you swiped them before she could get to them.

"nu-uh! these are from my dear Kouhai! i'll never give them away! they were for me!" you said as you stuck your tongue out, putting them away in your bag

"sometimes i think you're too nice (y/n), but whatever, more gifts = more snacks for lunch!" she skipped away to her classroom as she waved a quick goodbye.

you entered your class slowly as everyone you passed gave you a quick good morning, a few compliments were thrown your way as you only smiled and gave a quick thank you.