Surfing Lesson- JJ Maybank

Author Note's- One and only JJ Maybank everyone. I know nothing about surfing what so ever so if there are mistakes I am very sorry.

-Samantha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

The group was hanging around John B's house. I was laying around in the hammock that he has in his yard. Kie was on the porch listening to her music, Pope was reading, John B was chill'n in the other hammock and JJ is doing god knows what. I decided to close my eyes and enjoy the warm weather until John B yelled..

" Who wants to go surfing!"

I frowned because I never learned how to surf. The group all answered a yes, they were now just looking at me. I felt myself blush in embarrassment.

" Um I never surfed before." I looked down

" Well I'm sure JJ could teach you." John B said

" Yea, I totally could. As people say I am the best surfer on Outer Banks." He said proudly

We all then made our way to the van John B owns since we all had our swimwear already on we headed to the beach.

'Time Skip'

We made it to the beach and I started to become really nervous. I am just hoping nobody sees.

JJ's POV

When we made it to the beach I could tell Y/n was nervous. I put my hand into hers slightly shaking ones. She looked at me and gave me a nervous smile. I leaned closer to her and whispered.

" Don't worry so much. I am the best teacher, you will do great."

She squeezed my hand indicating she was thankful. We loaded out of the van and grabbed our surf boards and ran to the water. The other three ran to the water while Y/n/n and I stayed in the sand.

" Okay. We are first going to practice the technique. You want to stand on your board at an angle."

She nodded and tried to copy me. She was off a little so I helped her a little bit.

Your POV

While trying to copy JJ's position I felt his hands go on my hip and fix my angle. I look away from him. He moved my face over to him.

" I think you're ready." He sudden said

I grew anxious and worried about failing.

" I'll be right by your side the whole time." he said

I nodded and we made it to the water.

" Okay when you get about your waist lay on your board."

I smiled and followed him into the water. He did exactly what he said he would do. We lied on our boards waiting for a wave.

" You ready!" He said

I nod slowly. He gave me a reassuring smile. I did exactly what he taught me. Before I knew it I forgot the angle and fell right into the water.

JJ's POV

It was like slow motion watching her fall. She finally came up and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

'Time Skip'

About 20 tries later she finally did it. We all yelled and cheered her on. I saw her smile and when she was at the sand we ran to her and gave her a hug. The others let go but I still hugged her.

" You did amazing out there." I whispered to her

" Well I did have the best teacher." She sassed me

I laughed at her response. We all then got back in the van to go to Kie's restaurant to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy the lovely JJ Maybank.

-Samantha