prologue

"His name is Dominic."

That was when Liv's heart started picking up its pace within a second, and she stopped breathing, praying it wouldn't be him.

But it was him. She found that out just five minutes after the teacher had introduced the new student. In the doorway was a somewhat tall, slender boy with black hair falling right over his eyes. He looked intimidating, at least to people who didn't know him. But his intimidating look somewhat vanished when he gave the teacher a gentle smile, nodding as a greeting.

Liv was scanning her eyes over the boy as long as he didn't look her way, just to see how much he had changed. He did change in a way; he got a few tattoos and his clothing was much more authentic than the basic clothing he used to wear. Nothing changed about the look in his eyes though, that made Liv want to punch him in the face so badly.

Liv shot her eyes back down at her desk as soon as his eyes started wandering around the classroom. She tried to feel her heartbeat by pushing her thumb against her wrist, while praying he wouldn't notice her.

She wondered why he was here again, after she had thought she would never have to see him again.

She almost forgot about him. Almost.

Which had taken her three years.

It seemed that now she had to see him again, and considering he was 'joining them until graduation', according to their teacher, it wouldn't be just a one time thing.