38

I was getting ready to go in the royal court. The Prince look stressed today when he left the room early morning.

Last night he told me to be present at the royal court before I slept like a baby.

I assume that today's discussion was going to be something related to that corner of the kingdom. But I don't know that yet.  I'm supposed to be the companion in his decision making and here I have no clue what he is even thinking about. I left my hair open after I combed them untangled. I wore a simple peach colour dress. The top was simply peach and the long skirt was heavy and full of small golden dots. I then took the long net tippet and tug it's corner inside the edge of my skirt while letting the other hand wrapped around me before pinning it to my shoulder.  I think that would cover up the waist that was on the show previously. I completed my look with the bangles and a simple chain.  Once finished I walked to the drawer next to my bed and took my anklets to wear them.

I'm crazy for anklets.

I removed them last night because if I would have moved too much in my bed then I could probably have woken up the Prince. 

Was that care?

No that was my courtesy toward my prince. Our prince.

I was nervous. This was me going in the court room for the second time. And i clearly remember what happened the last time I have been there.

Chaos.

Only chaos.

I have to prove myself. I have to do it. I'm representing all the women here. I have to make a place for myself in the royal court.

I took a deep breath and turn to the corridor that would leave me in front of the royal court hallway.

I took another breath and let go of my anxiety with an exhale.

Now only long white curtain are a variety between me and the Prince's royal court.

At first I didn't look up but I could hear commotion from the other side of the curtain. Putting my delicate fingers forward I slit down the space between curtains.

The commotion halted and so did my breath.

My eyes unconsciously look for the Prince who was very proudly sitting on his royal throne.  His demeanour scream dominance. 

I gulped.

Then I saw him nod at me as if saying me to come to him.

Then I took a step forward.

And I heard a loud tinkling.

Another step and another tinkling.

I swear I never regret wearing heavy anklets before this.

Please somebody make some noise or something. Sing a song. Shout at each other. At least look away.

I had never asked for this much attention ever before.  I could feel every individual eyes on me. With every clink and tinkle of my steps my heart beat keep rising. Why the he'll the throne has to be so far?

I was just halfway down the throne.

I looked up to see the Prince but he looked rather amused.

Almost teasingly happy.

And then it clicked inside me.

You have to be strong sanyukta. You have to show that you deserve to be in this place too. Show them that you are no less than them. They all are just sitting there waiting for me to run or hide back cowardly. Don't give them that pleasure.