chapter 81.

"Why are you doing this, mother?" Randhir felt a knot in his heart.

" You made me, Randhir. " His mother stated. " It wasn't supposed to be ending this way." She walked few steps ahead of sanyukta while Randhir remain seated in his seat.

"No one was more happy than me when you was about to become the king." She smiled. " But then you had to ruin everything. " Her smile disappear.

Randhir sat their silently because he wasn't sure what is coming his way anymore.

"You remember the day your father decided to give you a month to get used to of the working of this kingdom. " She paused, smiling a little. " He thought you would understand how he has been ruling the Kingdom. He hoped that you would understand that for him, his family comes before than the Kingdom. He said that he is afraid of ruining his image you had in your mind. Like literally, you used to see him like a idol. He was nowhere near it. He fooled his own kingdom for years and looted them with his sweet words. He traded the crops at low prices and enjoyed the rest money. He didn't had the heart to tell you how cruel he had been to his kingdom. It was all going to so right until he began to realise it. "

"He was not like this before." Randhir reminded more to himself when he remembered his father sharing him stories of kingdom at night during his childhood.

"I know. And it took me years to made him what he was. He was such a fool to think only about the Kingdom. People. People and people. What about the family? What about him? Not everyone is lucky to born as a prince and you really want to waste it by spending it all on the Kingdom. " She made a disgusting face.

" But when it was time that you had to be the king, I was happy and I was so excited but when I told him that it's time we tell you how to rule the Kingdom, he backed off. He thought that you are smart enough to decide how the Kingdom need to be ruled. "

Randhir sat there , still silent and grasping all the information while sanyukta was muted even if she wanted to speak.

"The rule, no woman is allowed in the royal court, why didn't you ask him to remove it? " Randhir was curious.

His mother smirked and walked more further toward the throne.

"It's more fun in ruling the mind of the king who is ruling the Kingdom. Your father was a puppet. So naive. So obedient. " She smiled as if remembering him.

" You were just like him." His mother looked up at him and smiled. Then she snarl and added " until she showed up." Sanyukta gulped. She quickly glanced at Randhir and found him looking back at her.

"I had you in my full control. From your childhood, I prepared you to be who I wanted you to be. But the day you invited her in the palace to stay, I knew I had missed a loop." She took more steps ahead.

"The day you asked me how I felt about my childhood and my experience being a woman. That day I knew that she had been planting some seeds in your mind." She sigh angrily.

" Yes I didn't had any daughter. Because I killed most of them.." there was no guilt in her voice. " They are not going to grow up to rule a kingdom. I wanted a prince." She shouted. " I would never want a daughter, not at all if they ended up like her." She pointed at sanyukta hatefully.

" She forget where she belong. She had been too ambitious. I know she wanted a place in kingdom. She was greedy of your throne Randhir. She came to you just to make you fall for her so she can be the queen, Randhir." Sanyukta closed her eyes and shook her head.

" It's only her stars who saved her that say otherwise I and Arianna didn't miss a single possibility to let her live." Randhir eyes shoot down at his mother.

" It burned my heart everyday whenever I see her around the royal court, or when I saw her giving suggestions in the royal court. I died everytime when you used to listen to her." She shouted. " You weren't supposed to Randhir, you were supposed to ask me, you were supposed to come to me." Then she turn around and walked to sanyukta who stand there silently.

" Now look at her, where it all has bring her to. Her death " former queen stated. She put her hands on sanyukta shoulder and pushed down until sanyukta was on her knees.

"This is where she belongs." She smiled brightly and satisfied.

" Why do you want the throne? It's not like you can rule it on your own. You will need a king. " Randhir stated only to distract her attention from sanyukta who looked dizzy now. He knew he had to do something really quick.

"Of course I will need a king. But I don't want it to be you anymore Randhir." She smiled at him.

" Where is father?" Randhir heart was heavy.

This time the queen stayed silent at first.

"He stop cooperating." She mumbled more to herself.

" What? Wher is he now?" Randhir asked feeling his heart getting heavy.

"He killed him." Queen stated with cold expression. For once it felt like she is still in shock. Sanyukta winced too.

"Who?" Randhir asked with a heavy heart.

"Vishar." Queen mumbled. "The new king."

And then they all see a shadow heading towards the throne. Sanyukta cringed at seeing his face, probably remembering all the things he had done to her while the queen smiled and welcome him with a smile.

"So how's the barter going so far, sister." Vishar smiled.

Right at the moment, sanyukta knew it was all her fault to fall for vishar's game and saving the queen from the cells. If only she had known what they both were planning for the king.

If only she knew how much time she has now.