62.

Exactly the thing I needed to end my amazing day.

My first instinct got me stood up strong on my feet. Ready for a run. But then I had a second thought.

A thought about staying and see if I could change his mind.

His eyes were hard when he looked up and down at me. At first I cringed but then I shrugged it off. Filling my lungs with needed air I decide to start.

"Look Asher, I know you don't like me." I started but I was cut off by.

"Don't like you? I Hate you." He shouted and took a step closer. My eyes moved frantically in all direction. I saw few guards at the entrance of the garden. Should I call them for help.

God damn sanyukta. He must have already bribe them to enter in here, there was no other way he would have been here inside the palace, instead of the celebrations.

"You don't hate me." I started. "You hate woman. You hate woman who do something out of their roles." I added.

"Exactly. It's my way of keeping them in their place. I'm contributing to this kingdom in my way." He stated proudly.

I was amazed. Literally. I mean how more wrong a person can be. He has been living a lie. I felt pity on him.

"Contribute?" I smiled. "Contributing to what?" I asked.

"To balance. It's how it works. How the..The ...world works." I could already feel his illogic tasting bitter on his own tongue.

"You don't think the world will work if the woman step ahead of their roles." I didn't asked him. I just repeat his words in specific way.

"It won't. Woman must have given those roles for some appropriate reason." He Stare in space as if in his thoughts.

"So what do you think the reason must be to decide those roles about woman?" I asked taking a step ahead. A different sense on rage burning inside me.

I felt confident when he look taken aback.

"Tell me." I encouraged him. Angrily.

He blinked.

"To please men." He sound obvious.

I stop. Still contemplating how to respond to that low level mind set.

"That's the most absurd thing you could ever say. " I had to shake my head to clear my head. To get off the urge to kill him. Right here.

"I..I don't know why I'm just wasting my time trying to argue with such person." I mumbled more to myself. But he heard it and he looked enraged.

"I have seen it. I have seen my sister. From her very childhood she served and took care of me and my father. Then when she married, she served her husband and his whole family. And now when she has become a mother, she took care of their children. It's her fate. It's her role. Infact of every woman. Even if it's my mother, my sister, my wife, any woman. And you too, of course." He ended pointing a finger at me.

"I really really pity your mother, your sister and your wife. They would be disappointed for their whole life." I don't know what else I could say to him.

Making him understand how much wrong he is, is not an option anymore.

"I would rather die than being one of the woman you just described." I pointed my finger at him.. all the hate I had in my heart is making me want to straggle him to death.

"Then let me give you an easy death then." He mutter before I felt something cold pressed on my wind pipe.

I gasped. When he did that?

I inch back a little but he followed closely and pressed it further. I felt something wet dripping down my neck.

I raise my eyes above his head.

Am I dying tonight?

"Can't we solve it in any other way?" I hesitated while touching his wrist to push it little away. He was muscular amd his wrist felt strong on touching.

We waited. Both staring at each other.

"Okay." He smirked.

"Okay?" I repeated.

"Marry me then." He glared dead in my eyes.

I didn't hear him correctly right.

He hates me.

"What?" I asked just to be sure.

"Marry me and be my wife." He commanded.

"You hate me." I remind him. "So why?" I asked him.

"You won in a horse race. You have worked in royal court. You are strong. It would made me seem superior in society with you in my arm as mine." He clenched his teeth. "And I would make you realise every day, where do you really belong and what are you really made for."

I felt disgusting. I cringed. I have an urge to stop breathing in order to not inhaling the same air as him..

"Kill me now. I rather die right now than being with you for a single more moment." I said through my clench teeth before closing my eyes to feel a slash against my throat.

It never came. Infact the next thing I heard was

"Get your filthy hands off her." My eyes shot open to see Asher eyes wide open looking behind me.

"Or I will give you such punishment that you will begging for death."

Asher gulped.

The Voice didn't belong to Randhir. But It was familiar.

I tilt my head a little to look behind me.

"Aarav." I whispered before I felt a pull at my arm and I was clutched by Asher in tight grip with his dagger pressed tightly to my cheek now.