39.

Should I flee away?

No. But I haven't done anything wrong right? Then maybe I should stick around and see what he really have to say.

I saw him standing up from his throne and walked down slowly from the stairs. I walked up near the stairs and waited for him.

"Are you angry?" I couldn't help but ask.

His face suddenly dissimulate his demeanour and blinked.

"Not at you, love." He reached the last stairs and he was towering over me now. I was already small so now I feel very very small. I childishly stepped two stairs up and faced him. He turned back to look at me and I smiled realising now we are face to face.

He rolled his eyes but then a smile tug at the corner of his lips.

"What are you angry about?" I asked again. I'm not caring about him. It's my job as his companion.

Right?

His jaw clenched and I regret asking.

His glare got intense when he leaned in.

"I wanted to scoop out every pair of eyes that looked at you like you are a piece of cake.  They all were literally drooling at your sight." He clenched his teeth at the end.

I don't know why but that made me smile. 

"And you aren't allowed to left your hair open outside my room."

And that made me frown.

"You can decide that? It's funny if you think you can." I pointed my finger at his chest in the end.

He look down at my finger first and then look up at him.

"Do I have to tell you, love? " he gently hold my pointed finger.

I shut my mouth suddenly. I looked behind him. Only thin curtains are separating us from all the people that could be outside.

I pull my finger but he didn't let go.

"We are in royal court right now. Stop it." I tug harder on my finger.

He eyes turned amused.

"That mean you won't complain if I do this in my room with door closed. " he chuckled darkly.

My eyes widened.

It's a trap.

"I never said that. " I huffed.

"This attitude." He liked his lip.

"You were fire today. " he commented.

I bite my cheek to hold my smile.

"Like really, you did it great and very gracefully. " he tried again and this time I let go.

I smiled.

Don't blush. Don't blush. Don't blush.

But I can feel my cheek turning hot.

His lip turn in smirk and I know he is about to say something.

Change the topic. Change the topic. Chagrin the topic.

"About scoping out eyeballs of people who were staring at me, ...." I paused and saw his smirk gone and his eyes turn curious.

"I think you should start with yourself. " I smirked this time.

"The time I had entered till now, every time I looked at you, you were always looking at me. " I pointed out.

And I would love to do the scooping job.

"I just couldn't take my eyes off you. Like everybody else. " he let go of my finger and look away.

What going on in his mind?

"Now I'm realising why women weren't allowed in royal court." He mumbled to himself.

"And why so? " I asked directly looking at him.

"It's distracting. " he said and turn to leave.

"Is it? Really? You never can blame it on makes right? It's a women mistake that she just.....exist ." I throw my wrists up in air.

He turned back and bite his cheek as if he is hesitating to say something.

"You are right. I shouldn't have said that. I said the truth though " he smirked in the end.

At least he is back in nice mood.

I rolled my eyes and stepped down the stairs passing beside him.  My anklets still tinkling with every step.

I heard footstep behind me before I was swirl around and slammed into him.

I look up. Confused. Hot and bothered. I found him looking serious. Not angry. But serious.

"Do you have any idea,..what that tinkling of your anklet has been doing to me?" His voice was husky, almost whisper.

We are in royal court.

Anybody could see us.

Everybody could see us.

"No " I pull back "I don't know." I pull back harder. "But we can talk tonight if you want." I gave a last but hard push to his arm around me. "If it's a problem then I can remove them around you " then finally I was free.

"Why tonight? Where are you going now?" He question hurriedly. Eyebrow scrunched.

"I have to go through some documents. I will be in studies for today. There are lots of documents to see " I tried to explain.

"Are you trying to avoid me?" His question was straight and quick.

How does he know?

"No. No. Not at all. No. " too much no for making him believe you sanyukta.

He didn't said anything but his lips turned in thin line.

"Have some guards with you. " he commanded.

"I'm fine. I'm safe inside the palace. " I pointed out.

"You were almost killed in my own room.  " he pointed out more strongly.

"Fine. Then I will have some maids with me. Not guards " I began to turn away.

He didn't stop me this time. But I could sense him following behind me.

I reached the curtains with tinkle in my steps. Suddenly I felt hot breaths on my neck. I felt goosebumps arising on my body before I felt him lean in and whisper..

"Don't you dare remove those anklets. Ever. "

I heard him behind me. I smiled but didn't turn around.