Late Night Talk

Y/N woke up in the middle of the night feeling a bit thirsty.  Since Kuroo was asleep, she was able to escape from the blankets that trapped her hours ago.  Y/N climbed out of bed, carefully trying not to wake Kuroo up.  She walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen.  Instead of seeing a dark kitchen, she saw Eiji sitting there reading a news paper article on his phone.

"Ah Jiji san how come you aren't asleep yet?" Y/N asked.

"Well same goes for you Y/N chan," Eiji replied, "but I was out here getting some tea but I got occupied with this article."

"Oh well would you like some tea then Jiji san." 

"Yes of course, now how come you are out here, you should be getting some more sleep in tonight."

"I came out here because I was thirsty," Y/N replied as she brought out two mugs, "and Jiji san, do you know where the tea is located?"

"It's in the second shelf on the right, make sure you get the jasmine tea or else my wife will yell at me for taking the artichoke one."

"Okay Jiji san." Y/N said as she got the tea, "where's Obaa san by the way?"

"Ah she's upstairs grading some of her student's work." Eiji replied.

Y/N finished up preparing the tea and started to pour herself some water.  She then hand Eiji his drink and took a seat.

Y/N sat down in front of Eiji and asked, "Hey Jiji san how come you don't support Tetsu san with sports."

"You see I don't want him to go through the same path I did."

"But Obaa san said that you run a library somewhere in Tokyo," Y/N pointed out, "that should've been a successful thing right?"

"Yes it is, but I had a long complicated process getting there." Eiji replied.

"Do you mind telling me what happened then?" Y/N asked.

"I don't mind, you see back when I was his age I also played volleyball, but as an ace," Eiji said after he took a sip of his tea, "it guaranteed me a scholarship, that is until I broke my arm in an accident."

Y/N took a drink from her mug and remained silent because she felt sorry for Eiji.

"Since I only had mediocre grades at the time and I only believed that my athletic reputation mattered, I entered a normal university instead of the prestigious one I was supposed to go to," Eiji added, "that's why I am more proud of Tetsuro chan's high school reputation instead of his athletic reputation, I believed that if I didn't show up at his games he would feel more discouraged and end this."

"Ah I guess I could understand this a bit, but can you tell me how you began to own a library."

"You see since I had mediocre grades in high school, this continued on to my university life but even worse," Eiji replied as he took another sip of his tea, "my parents slowly grew disappointed in my life actions, so they asked their retired friend to lend their old library to me."

Y/N nodded in response as she sipped her water.

"Luckily they said yes, but the library was practically a mess when I received it, I dropped out of college and started to work on the place by myself.  I tried to earn some money for a couple repairs by doing the most random jobs in the city, like cleaning and serving." Eiji added, "After a year of repairs, I was able to open up the library.  Luck was on my side and I was fortunate enough to meet the love of my life there."

"Jiji san, don't you think that this makes Tetsu san upset and the fact that he also looks up to you makes it even worse," Y/N said before she took a sip of her water.

"Yes I do but I want him to have a good future even if he'll have to sacrifice a few things at the moment."

"Well think about Jiji, would you rather make him happy knowing that he did well enough for you to come to his games," Y/N pointed out, "or make him upset with him knowing that you didn't like him enough to support him with his decisions."

"I haven't thought about it like that," Eiji replied as he thought about what Y/N had just said.

"Plus Tetsu san is a really talented player who also has a good chance of getting into a great university because of that." Y/N added praising Kuroo in the process, "so please come to his game tomorrow."

"Ah Y/N chan you do have a point, I guess the younger generation has gotten a lot wiser this day huh, or maybe it's just you," Eiji complimented with a small laugh.

"Thanks but it's all-" Y/N started.

"Hmm Chibi chan," Kuroo interrupted with a yawn as he walked down the steps, "that's where you were."

"Well thank you Y/N chan, I'll see about that," Eiji said, "for now good night to you two."

"Good night Jiji san." Y/N and Kuroo replied at the same time, as they walked up the stairs.

"So what were you two talking about," Kuroo asked as the two entered his room.

"No it was nothing," Y/N lied, "we were just talking about today, that's all."

"Hmm alright let's get back to sleep now," Kuroo said tiredly, "I want to cuddle you right now."

Since Kuroo was too tired to ask, the two laid down to sleep again.  The two ended up cuddling the next second, like they always do.  Kuroo's left arm was around her body and his right hand rested on the back of her bed, causing her to lean even closer to him.  Y/N's face was pressed against his chest while a blanket was over them, keeping the two warm.

***********************************************************************************************

This was a pretty short chapter, but it was equally as important as the others.  The next chapter will be out in a while, so wait up please.  This was a total of 1009 words with a lot of dialogue.  The next chapters will get longer as expected.  Thank you for your time and happy reading.

- The Author