Lizard Preparation

Chapter 12

Unsurprisingly, with our flying ship, we arrived at the capital before Smoker did. At least this will get us the time to warn the King beforehand and not let Bon Clay, aka Mr. 2 act as the fake King to incite Civil War.

*ring* *ring*

Smoker: Captain Smoker here, what do you want Diana?

Diana: You were too slow. I've arrived here before you did. Anyway, I've already informed the higher ups about what's happening and I gave them the proof. As of a few hours ago, Crocodile is no longer a Warlord. We are free to take action against him.

Smoker: What do you need me to do then

Me: We still need you to meet the King and warn him. There's a Devil Fruit holder, alias Mr. 2, who can turn into anyone he touches. If he touches the King's face, then he will incite civil war. I need you and your crew to prevent that from happening while we face Crocodile when he comes here.

Smoker: Fine.

With that, the call was over.

As we landed and docked near the harbor of the city we saw several Marines and soldiers alike on board. They were obviously getting prepared for war.

Diana: We'll wait for Smoker here. Once he's done with his business with the King, we go to the Royal Tomb and fight him here.

No people, enclosed space, no sand. We'll have the upper hand there.

Sarah: Will he really come there though?

Diana: We just let him know that Miss All Sunday is already there. He'll come find you and we'll be ready for him. Besides, that would be your goal, wouldn't it?

Robin just nodded.

Diana: Then let us wait for Smoker. All of you, get ready for training. Waiting for a Marine Captain on the Grandline is no excuse to not train.

Tim, John, Sarah & Brown: Your training's too cruel~!

Seriously, Sarah, you were part of the CP unit once. Are you really going to say that to us? Breaks my heart really.

Me: Miss All Sunday, you can do whatever you wish. Chill, read some books. We've got some drinks in the freezer if you want. But Tim, you're going to train your Devil Fruit today.

Tim: Really? Not my haki?

Me: Unfortunately, yes, we're not training your haki today. I don't want you in the sick bay when you might end up fighting Crocodile's goons. So instead, we're going to have a nice long chat about your abilities.

Diana: Tell us; I know the basics of your Devil fruit. But how are you limiting yourself?

Tim: I can only produce metal or turn parts of my body into metal though. It's not much of a fruit.

Problem detected. Devil fruits were never given a power level to begin with. All fruits and users can grow in strength depending on how well they use it, and how far they can go with it. If the name of the fruit itself was the limit, the Admiral Aokiji would've been only be able to cool down drinks. But no, he took his fruit far beyond and became one of the greatest powerhouse in the world. A force to be reckoned with.

Even Luffy's fruit is an example of this. With his Rubber fruit being possibly the stupidest and most useless fruit in the entire series at first glance. Yet, his will to develop, grow stronger, and persevere has made him strong enough to fight some serious people in the One Piece Universe. The only limitations would be the thought, or subconsciousness that you put on your abilities.