Untouched Civilization

Chapter 51

I can understand why no ship ever returned from this area. The storm wasn't just a few hundred meters long, this was miles upon miles of just plain storm. The moment we entered the storm I needed to fully activate my first two Devil Fruits.

With gravity, I stabilized the ship from leaning in one direction too far before the very next second having to do it the other way. Visibility was zero and Sarah was asking me to use my Observation haki.

I could see something akin to an eye of the Storm in the distance, so I told her to take us there, which she immediately agreed.

I have never seen so much lightning in my life, not even when we entered the Storm with Shiki. This was on a different level. Lightning covered almost every area in great intensity. I don't even know how this is scientifically possible, but at the same time, how does Devil Fruits? I chose not to answer the question and instead push the electric charges away from the ship.

It took more than half an hour just to go a couple of miles, which is incredibly slow. However the storm formed, it was definitely made to keep things OUT. Going out would be easy as it pretty much whipped everything out into the sea...just at a speed you don't want any ship to be at.

The moment we broke through, I almost couldn't believe my eyes, I could see the sun directly above us and the sea below got very calm. It was as if we entered a mini calm belt. The eye of the storm was massive, it was visible end to end but still it was bigger than any one island.

The size of 2 Manhattans (NYC) if I had to say was the landmass in the flat center of the eye while there were small sprinkles of islands around it. From the look of things, people definitely lived here...just quite primitive. They had houses made of rocks and wood, no bricks. The roads were not paved and the ships were nothing more than rafts.

It is to be expected after all, these people would not have had contact with the outside world for who knows how long.

Diana: We did it Sarah. I don't see any other ships like us. I think we can say that we're the first people to have come here in a long long time.

Sarah was almost squealing with joy at what they have managed to do. They've flown through what Marines have labeled as 'Impossible'.

Diana: Well, since we've come here, we've got to at least go and see what's going on don't we? But before we do that, Doc, could you please spray some disinfectants on us?

Spade: What?

Me: We don't want to give them germs that they're not resistant to and nor do we want to catch any from them. We're just reducing the possibility of that from happening by spraying some disinfectants and alcohol on us for good measure. Also, everyone, wear these masks.

John & Tim: What are these?

Diana: Just your normal standard gas masks. We'll wear them until we're sure that there are no viruses or something here. Doc, please scan for them once we dock.

As we got closer and closer to land and touched the water, we've gathered quite the crowd. People of all age, dressed in fur and plant parts, came out to see us in the hundreds. Before there were yelling and then the people parted.

Bald men wearing something I can only call 'Luxury' for primitive people like this. They were wearing an uncut skin of a Leopard, Tiger, or other predators as they walked towards us.

We stopped our ship in the shallows as dropped our anchor just for formalities sake before getting to the front of the deck to face them.

Bald Guy: Are you the Messenger of Seniram?

Diana: Holy crap, they speak our language? I don't know how this is possible but I'll take it.

Sis then turned to the bald guy.

Diana: No, we come from the outside world to explore this place. We're just visiting and we mean no harm.

I'm not sure whether it was because we revealed ourselves not to be the messenger of whoever they said we were or that we came from the outside, but the monks suddenly got into what I would call a battle position.

Bald Guy: Surrender now! Our Prophecy said the those from the outside will only bring death and destruction!! Your strange mouths prove that!

Gas masks prove the end of civilization for them?

Diana: You would be true if you attack us. As I said, we're only here to visit. If I were you I would lower your fists. Also, permission to go on land?

We didn't care really. Instead of waiting for an answer, sis just jumped down onto the island and I followed. Besides, the people and even the Monks (who I assume are the soldiers) here felt extremely weak anyway. Of course, not East Blue weak but definitely not even the average pirates in Paradise. Judging that they would have never had to fight massive wars like the war outside, nor did they have the resources or the necessary information to train themselves properly, it made sense they were this weak.

Bald Guy: We didn't allow you to step foot in our lands!

Diana: Sorry, what's done is done.

Bald Guy: Humpf! We'll see. Attack!

Look at these weaklings, do they really think they can take on us? Can they really not tell the difference in power?