Why NOT to call a Buster Call

Chapter 26

From far away, I saw as Luffy pushed back Blueno from CP 9 as the rest of the Straw Hat pirates arrived. There it was... the iconic scene of the Straw Hats above the courthouse, facing against the CP 9 Agents on the tower of Justice.

We didn't interrupt them, after all this was their moment. In fact, Sis and I had no plans on disrupting their fights in the Tower of Justice against the CP 9 Agents. It was, after all, their greatest character development in the story pre-time skip era. We needed the Straw Hats to be strong, they had too big a role to play in the future...even in we completely mess up the Storyline eventually.

I held my breath the very moment when it happened. Ussop, or as he's called by Sogeking here, listened to Luffy's orders and shot something at the flag of the World Government above the Tower of Justice...burning the flag into nothing... declaring war on the entirety of the World Government.

Then, the story unfolded like normal...except Franky this time didn't have the blueprints of Pluton, instead... a random book about 'ShipWrights for Dummies' I could tell he had a genuine expression of surprise for a bit before bluffing it off and saying he hid the blueprints in the pages of the book.

Whether Spandam is a complete idiot or just easily gullible, the story went exactly the same as Canon as Franky burned the book anyway, showing that he has decided to trust in Robin and bet on the Straw Hats.

Soon after, the Rocket Man burst over the drawbridge and crashed directly into the Tower of Justice. The moment they got off, the Straw Hats, Franky Family and some more were swarmed by the Marines as the CP 9 units went into hiding all over the Tower of Justice.

To this day I wonder why did they even choose to have this game with the Straw Hats. The CP 9 were trained and instructed to complete their missions at all cost. Then, wouldn't it be smarter to use deception if none of them have the real key at all? So even when all the CP 9 Units are defeated, then Robin would have still been eventually caught.

Anime logic, or perhaps the pride of the CP 9 was on the line. Then I could understand. Even being wiped clean on emotion, they would have drilled hard into their brains of their strength and pride as elite units of the World Government. A real shame that in the New World, it looks the CP 9 look like total wimps in comparison.

Diana: So it begins... their fight against the CP 9. This is honestly my favorite arc other than MarineFord. So much development and so much new powers. Every member of the Straw Hats gets their time to shine and Robin's backstory... just a beautiful masterpiece of an arc.

Me: It's either this one or Dressrosa. I've got to give it to Doflamingo as my favorite antagonist of the One Piece arc though. While the CP 9 are intimidating, their size and looks in a suit just doesn't cover it. Just look at Kaku, who would be afraid of a ridiculous looking Giraffe? Or Kalifa turning into a Soap Sheep; the only part that beats Dressrosa would be the growth in strength for almost everyone and calling the Buster Call.

Diana: But we're here to prevent that.

Me: We are. It looks cool on paper and anime, but I'm not into looking at people get bombarded by massive warships. That's not Absolute Justice, that's just cruel

Through our observation haki, we could sense fighting all over the Tower of Justice. From Zoro meeting Kaku and Ussop meeting... the Wolf Zoan guy.

Me: Sis, it's coming. Get ready.

Just as I said that, Kaku's Rankyaku: Amane Dachi cut through all around the Tower of Justice and slowly starting to fall.

Me: We can't have the symbol of Justice fall...can we?