F for Respect Mr. Newgate

Chapter 42

Whitebeard lost it. As he rampaged across MarineFord killing Marines left and right, I signaled to Sengoku.

Me: Sis and I are going down there. Also, I'm bringing the corpse to them as well.

Diana: The sins of the father are not to be carried by the sons. You broke that already; let them at least have a proper funeral with his body. He's already dead.

Ace did his part by looking as dead and staying silent as possible.

When Sengoku nodded I grabbed Ace by his arm and jumped off the platform while Ace lay limp, quickly followed by Sis using Geppo.

As we flew I spoke a few words to him.

Me: The sins of the father must not be carried by the son. Ace, you aren't exactly innocent for your crimes as a Pirate, but there are greater evils out there. You know what I'm talking about right? Big Mom, Kaido, Doflamingo as well as the other big forces in the New World. Take your brother and bring them down. Rally them all for Justice, not for any one flag but the ideal itself for Justice. Understand me?

He tensed his muscle to show that he heard me.

Me: Ace... if they find out that you're still alive before this war is over, that means my career and life is over as well. You got that? The person who saved you is the doctor at the Whitebeard Pirates, not me. Stay silent for a couple of years at least. Otherwise Sengoku's going to have my head, Ok?

As Ace faintly tensed his muscle to show that he understood, I threw his body as far away as possible, towards the Whitebeard Pirates' ship.

Once I checked that he crashed onto the ship, I dropped down to see sis already starting to engage Whitebeard.

Me: I can save Ace and all, but I can't have you renew the age of Piracy. That'll just create more enemies for all of us.

Diana: *NUCLEAR REPULSION*

As sis punched Whitebeard, he got pushed back, but that was the time he needed to say his speech. He planted his Halberd into the ground before speaking.

Whitebeard: What I'm about to tell you now...!! Is my Final Captain's Order! Listen Carefully Whitebeard Pirates

Whitebeard, like Garp, was also holding in his tears at the thought of losing their sons, right before his eyes.

Whitebeard: THIS IS WHERE YOU AND I SPLIT UP! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! STAY ALIVE AT ALL COSTS! RETURN TO THE NEW WORLD IN ONE PIECE!!

With that, he started to overcharge his Devil Fruit to the maximum before letting loose, directly at the ground.

Whitebeard: I'm a remnant of my era...!! There ain't no ship that will carry me out to the next one!! GO ON YOU BASTARDSS!!!

That was our signal, Sis and I jumped down in front of Whitebeard as the all the Pirates started retreating.

Diana: It pains me that I need to kill you Edward Newgate. You are a man I truly respect. If I wasn't so focused on Justice, I might've become part of your family...in a different life.

Whitebeard: Gurarara... perhaps, in a different life. But kill me heh? We'll see.

With that, both of us charged at him. I instantly teleporting to his left, the hand that wasn't gripping a weapon while sis used her Aura Projection.

Despite his old age, sickness, and countless injuries, Whitebeard truly lived up to his name. Too sick and old to dodge our slashes or rays, but he tanked them all. He stood as he received each attack, ignoring his injuries as he punched and swung his own blade.