Calm Before the Storm

Chapter 69

We left the meetings to our Prime Minister. We made sure he was a competent man at things like this anyway. Also, since he doesn't know what's going on and the relationship between the 2 factions yet, he'll be able to pull our 'neutral' card and be done with it.

As we docked on Safe Haven, I went back into my room and took out God's copy of "The Economy of the World" and "How Banks should work". It was going to be a busy couple of days.

The meeting between all 6 factions ended and I was called to lower 'Society' back to sea-level. Which I did and all those who were involved either returned to their homes on Safe Haven or back to their territory. It seems our Prime Minister did a good job at getting why, who, and how they were getting into an alliance. We went over them and got enough to know that the data given to us were utter BS that both factions agreed upon. With this, as long as we have evidence to back it up, we can openly announce Big Mom & Germa's fraud agreement. If push comes to shove and they refuse to make reparations for breaking or tricking us, then we can declare war as well.

I wonder how things are going with the Straw Hats right now? Hopefully they've met each other at Zou by now.

POV Nami, at Zou

Me: Wait, Franky, what's that?

Franky: What?

As Franky turned around rapidly, the little nut thingy flew out of his back compartment...into my mouth.

Me: *cough* *cough* That was disgusting! What was that?

POV ??

??: This'll make the story more interesting.

POV Kara

After a painfully long meeting with the ministers on the establishment of a National Bank and our own currency, I was free for the day. I put on a hoodie and put the hood over my face before walking out.

It wasn't like I wasn't recognizable with this on, but if people had the decency, then they would notice that I didn't want to be disturbed. I was going to a Cheesecake place down the street when I found myself facing 4 very familiar Pirates and a few others.

First, anyone who set foot on Safe Haven was a free man. No matter what he/she did anywhere else, unless the committee decides to investigate or pre-ban a few specific members, anyone is allowed to come on the island as long as they pay their fees and register that they are on the island.

If, by chance, another country wishes for us to catch or apprehend criminals that they think are on Safe Haven, then all they need to do is hand in a report of their crimes and evidence of them and once caught, must pay. This process is very short and soon a search is conducted for the criminal.

If the country wishes to come themselves to take care of the matter, then they need to get a warrant from us which takes a much longer time. Any damage done must be paid back in full and more. Also, this was never granted on the capital island of 'Society' for safety reasons. In a way, it was safe for almost everyone in Safe Haven as long as they followed to rules here. After all, security was VERY tight and the elite soldiers here were not to be messed with...even for New World Standards.

So, back on topic. It wasn't weird to see Pirates walking through the streets. Most of the time, people actually welcomed them like anyone else since these people often meant business. Those who caused trouble were quick work of anyway. Despite this, I never expected that some of the Straw Hats would dock here.

I would guess this is the Wano Team since the 4 were comprised of Robin, Franky, Zoro, and Ussop. If they were here, then that would mean that Luffy and the other half of his crew went to Wholecake Island (and it's surrounding islands) to crash the wedding.