Your Justice

You might be wondering why this isn't a chapter. You might've noticed but a major theme in this FanFic is 'Justice'. This recurring theme will only repeat itself as the story goes on.

I wanted to know how my readers will react to a dilemma. One in which there is no clear justice or answer.

There is a terrorist who planned to kill thousands by planting an atom bomb in a city. Thankfully the culprit was found but he wouldn't tell us where he hid the bomb, and all we know is that it's a time bomb.

If the question was simply: Would you torture the man to get the location?

Most of you would say yes. Because by planning to kill them, the terrorist, in our hearts, have lost his human rights. But what if he had a daughter he loved dearly? An innocent daughter who knew nothing about this.

Would you torture the girl right in front of the father to get the location? This time you know it is very likely that he will tell the location.

So if you do, you have secured the safety and lives of thousands...but you denied the Justice of 1 girl. Not just denying it, but stripping it off of her. Is this Justice? Is you chose not to, then the blood of thousands are on your hands...but you saved an innocent from being harmed. Is this Justice?

This is one of Society's ideas we that we often encounter, that all lives are equal and if so, then 2 lives are more valuable than 1.

Here's another example.

If you are a train conductor and in front of you there are 5 people stuck on the track, leaving the train to run would mean certain death...the break is broken, the engineer didn't check it beforehand.

Yet you have an option. You can twist the steering wheel (of the train, just assume it has one) and get the train off the tracks and thus saving the 5 people. Thankfully, there are only 3 people including you on the train.

What would you do?

Society would say to sacrifice yourself and save lives. But will you really do so? If your life is on the line, is all life really equal?

Here's another way to look at the same question. If you do nothing, and let the 5 people die, then in a way, it's not your fault. Your duty is to take people from A to B. It was the engineer's fault for not checking the breaks were functional. Yet, what happens if you twist the handle? The person who chose to sacrifice your life and the other 2 is YOU. It means YOU killed 2 innocent bystanders. Not the engineer, not anyone else, but YOU.

Tell me in the comments. What would you do? What is your Justice in these situation?

Next time I post, I'll return with chapter 48.

Being a Fanfic so focused on Justice, I thought I needed to know what my readers would think in situations like these.

Enjoy~