Another Conflict?!

Chapter 67

Dad embraced me into a hug as I ran up to him.

Me: I got Doflamingo! I got the bad meanie

I don't know why but whenever I'm with dad, I feel like a little girl again. Probably because he doted so much on me. I'm sure he loved us equally but I was always the little one.

*pet* *pet*

Issho: Of which I am proud of my daughter. You've saved thousands of people here today and beat the Heavenly Demon. Something I cannot do as part of the Marines

Me: One of the reasons of why sis and I decided to leave the Marines and create our own organization or country. As long as we were chained to the Marines, we were forced to turn a blind eye to so many injustices in the world. Of course, sis and I ignored most of them. hehe, but I'm sure you do the same.

Issho: I do, though it drives that Sakazuki quite mad.

Me: Dad, you've got to tell me if he ever demands something unreasonable. Sis and I'll come and beat some sense back into him.

Issho: My my...when did my little Kara grow up so much? Telling her father that she'll protect him. Now... I'm not so weak myself you know? I know your power and talent far outshines my own but everything you've learned about gravity manipulation came from me.

Me: I know, I know. But what about situation right now. Are you allowed to be here? Did you check the Tower? I left a couple of unconscious or dying members of the Donquixote Family in there.

Issho: All 8 members were either confirmed dead or dealt with...mostly thanks to you.

*pet* *pet*

Me: Dad... the world is going to know what happened here...actually, I bet they already know. While I was fighting Doflamingo.

Issho: Actually, the moment you released the birdcage, reporters swarmed us and got the news out to all over the world. I actually bent my knee to apologize on behalf of the World Government to the true King of Dressrosa.

Me: You got on your knees?

Issho: Is there a problem? I thought you wou—-

Me: DAD! YOU TOLD ME YOUR KNEES HURT! What if you stretched your muscles again? Even when you're fighting you don't get down!

Issho: Oh... well, its fine so don't worry.

Me: But... I'm proud of you dad. I don't think any other Marine officer, admiral or not, would have the guts to bend the knee to apologize on behalf of the World Government. Only you would do that...and I'm proud.

Dang it, looks like I missed my chance. Well, it's not really a problem.

Me: But what about the other Pirates? The ones that took part in the competition? Will they be caught?

Issho: Hmm... that is an issue. I'll have to at least keep up my appearance by chasing them out of Dressrosa.

Me: Now?

Issho: Not today. I put my chances on a dice but it told me today was not the day.

Me: You are a skilled gambler father. Are you sure your subconsciousness didn't alter the results? Or perhaps your gravity from your emotions affecting the outcome?

Issho: Who knows, yet I try to keep my head clear no matter the result.

Me: It was good to see you again dad. I'll come find you at the temporary Marine base later!