Fishman Island Vacation

Chapter 60

Having Vegapunk's apprentice in our direct crew is really helpful. Over the course of last year, he never stopped tinkering with the Requiem and when we needed to visit Fishman Island, he added a function to turn the ship into a Submarine. Very helpful, this way we don't need to go to Sabaody to get Bubble Coated every time we need to go under water.

It's been a while since I've seen everyone. All 8 of us gathered at the ship. Of course, we've seen each other on a daily basis but not all of us together at once. Each of us had work to do, each of us were busy training. Now that everything has been put in a pattern and a proper system, we can finally relax.

Diana: So we're kind of going on a Vacation. We're going to Fishman Island

I knew John and Tim was still kind of busy, but probably because they needed that vacation more than anyone, they didn't say anything.

The travel down to Fishman Island was quite boring. It wasn't like what was shown in the manga or anime where SeaKings try to kill you or a Giant Kraken is there waiting to eat you...ok, there are a few hostile Sea Kings but Conqueror's haki takes quick care of that and they stay away from our ship.

No Visa, no pre-warning, no nothing. As one of the benefits of being the ruling class of a perfectly neutral nation, we didn't need any of those. As we entered to air bubble, we floated in and docked on dry land. It was safer here than out there with the Sea Kings lurking and all. I mean, some were the size of the entire Kingdom. They might think that our ship was a small snack.

On the other side of the island, we saw dozens of ships docking for trade (Merchant Submarines who began trade a few months ago officially) as well as Pirate Crews who were making their way to the New World.

Fishman: Hello...! Your majes—-

Diana & Me: Stop, we hate formalities.

Sarah: We're just here for a short vacation. We'll be staying here for a couple of days before going back. You can inform the Royal Family if you want but please tell them not to have a full banquet again. We came here to relax after all.

Tim and John nodded at that. They were definitely going to go to the Mermaid Cafe, I could already tell.

Alisha, Spade, and Doc were eager to look around all of this. It was Alisha's first time here and I already put her in Doc's supervision. He was becoming more of a father figure to her day by day...actually from the way he treats me, he's like a second father as well.

Well, I guess it's time to relax until the Straw Hats arrive.

We spent a wonderful day of doing nothing. Sis and I went sightseeing, enjoyed the best seafood. We visited a spa and went shopping...a lot of shopping. They had a nice mall that wasn't shown in the Manga but honestly, it was a pretty nice shopping district. They didn't have a lot of stuff we can take back since most of them were just daily utensils that was made for underwater life, but still it was pretty nice to see everything. We bought a few of those air bubble tubes that the Fishman (and mermaids) used when they were out in the air. It felt pretty interesting but honestly it was kind of slow and I would rather just float around...which I actually did more than walking now. Sis tells me I should walk but why should I if I can just will myself in one direction? It's not like I'm not getting my exercise with our crazy training schedule.

It took 2 days for the Straw Hats to arrive and damn did they arrive in style. Even without the Kraken or the New Fishman Pirates to disturb them they managed to create problems with their ship with the Caribou brothers' crew behind them in tow. Seriously, never underestimate the trouble a Protagonist can attract.