A Floating Horror

Chapter 30

The days passed quickly with us intruding a few Marines classes to see what they were learning. Apparently the students here at MarineFord are those that the Marines have deemed have potential, and are thus granted officer status at a young age.

Sis and I sat in on a few lectures but got bored and just walked out...before being caught by the professor who started to say stuff. It took a while to explain that we weren't really students here, quite hard to do when we're 14 but I look 12. Once a Marine stood in for us and told us we were the new Vice Admirals, the professor quickly paled before apologizing.

Well, it was funny to see his reaction so we just said it's okay before leaving. Next, we had the opportunity to speak with Garp who just returned from Water 7.

Garp: I don't really say stuff like this often... but... I want to say thank you for saving my Grandson

Diana: We didn't save him, we tried to arrest him.

Garp: Hah! I know enough of your powers to know they never stood a chance to begin with. I heard from him that you and your crew knocked everyone out except those two girls!

*flinch* Crap, looks Luffy just told him everything. Well, I hope none of the other Marines found out.

Garp: In other words... that means you let him go. I don't know exactly why you did that... but it means a lot to me. Not as a fellow Vice Admiral but as a grandparent, thank you.

Diana: We just did what we needed to.

Garp: Heh, that's enough for me I guess. *sigh* I still wonder, why didn't they become Marines. They would've made excellent ones, like you two.

Looks like it's finally time. From Garp's reaction, it looks like Ace's been defeated by BlackBeard already.

Garp: Well, look's like this old man's said too much. WAHAHAHAHA!

With that, he left.

The other preparations were close to complete. We got our Pacifista who looked a lot different than before. Maybe it was a troll but Dr. Vegapunk put a Santa'a hat on top of ours instead of his usual hat to 'differentiate' itself from the other models. Apparently, the study has developed much further than before so there were changes in his capabilities as well. He's the first model of the PSX Series, so PSX-1 instead of PX. Quite cool, though I'm not sure what changed.