God of the Sky

Chapter 18

Over the next few days, as expected, Franky nor his family found out, reported, nor tried to retaliate against us. On top of not even knowing who I was, they knew they were powerless against me, the authorities didn't trust him, and they were not stupid enough to believe that the Marines would arrest a fellow Marine, if they somehow can prove I was one in the first place. SUCCESS!

Of course, I never keep a secret from sis so I ended up telling her about what I did which got me a nice pet on the head as well as a severe hugging session in public to punish me for leaving her alone while she slept. Not that I'm complaining about the punishment, hehe. I just snuggled in and leaned on her comfortably.

We weren't just playing around though, Sis forced everyone to train (using my gravity field) and spar against us. We ended up trashing the shipyards once we were done with them and needed to have Tim and John repair them with their devil fruits. While none of them haven't suddenly gained a new power or skill, their overall fighting prowess and spirit grew a lot over the past few days. After all, as we were no longer on a ship, we were able to push them to limits they haven't experienced before. Of course, we had to cook up some good stuff for them afterwards or they would've continued to glare at us for what we made them go through.

Sticking with this crew for a while now, it really feels more like a Pirate crew than a Marine unit. Not that I've ever been part of a Pirate crew to know what it means... but how I think it would probably feel like.

It's true that we don't have the complete freedom that Pirates enjoy. We have to report back to Sengoku sometimes and do some boring paperwork whenever we break something or need something from the next Marine Base... but the entire atmosphere is so free and lively.

I think of our crew as friends then subordinates. Maybe not a trait shared by all pirates but something at least the Straw Hats, Whitebeard and Red Haired Pirates do. In addition, we're quite free. Until there is an emergency in which the headquarters cannot handle, which will probably be never as they don't like to lose face by deploying us, we are free to roam the seas as we like and perform some inspections. Quite like laid back Sengoku after the time skip in canon.

This leaves me wondering, I wonder how the Straw Hats are doing now? I hope by removing their opponents in Alabasta didn't hinder their growth so much that they failed to overcome their next opponents.

Meanwhile in Mocktown

Facing the beat up Straw Hats, Blackbeard set down his bottle of rum.

Blackbeard: The age where Pirates' Dream is over, eh?!

He took in a deep breath

Blackbeard: PEOPLE'S DREAMS ... ... NEVER END!!

Back to Water 7 with our Protagonist Kara a few days later.

Ever since a few days ago, I've been keeping my observation haki at a maximum. There was something I, no both of us, was waiting for; but it was mostly for me. If our memories of the canon is correct and God didn't mess with out storyline as a consequence with our actions as Alabasta, it should be happening soon. Well, until then I'm keeping my observation at maximum.

Sis and I talked for a couple of days about what to do regarding the Straw Hats when they arrive at Water 7 and soon to Enies Lobby. By removing the Blueprint from Franky, then that would mean that the town would be attacked for no purpose at all...maybe except of for the purpose of taking back Robin who would be kidnapped here in Water 7.

As much as I hate the Ciper Pol (CP) units for their blind justice, choosing to be nothing short of a robot taking orders than actually thinking for themselves if their actions are really for the Justice of the World. For example, Spandam accidentally calling a Buster Call on the Marine Headquarters and then justifying his actions with some of the worst logic in the entire series, befitting a typical weak antagonist with a lot more authority and power than they deserve.

Personally, I don't want to get involved but I'll have to somehow make sure that the Buster Call is not called upon, or at least stop the order from being carried out. The Damage done to Envies Lobby will be felt all throughout the Grandline and some parts of the Blues as well. This would mean that Sengoku would probably have to finally call us to duty.

Yup, you caught me. The real priority is to not do work while something important in the storyline is going on. To do that, sis and I agreed to prevent the Buster Call. That would at least save 1 of the 3 Marine Strongholds from being totally trashed. From Canon, Enies Lobby would be burnt to nothing by a Buster Call; Blackbeard, Newkama Land inmates and Straw hat Luffy would mess up Impel Down and right afterwards the war between the Marines and Whitebeard would leave Marineford greatly devastated. Huh...even if we save Enies Lobby from the Buster Call, looks like we'll be busy taking care of the escapees and other revolts around the World during the Time Skip. Not that I mind too much, It'll be during the time skip after all.

As sis and I lay in bed, I thought about how ridiculous all of this really was.

Me: Sometimes, I still can't believe it. I wake up sometimes thinking I'm still a cop. That it's just another day for duty. 14 years in this world has made me change the way I look at logic and power. Things like this would be absolutely ridiculous back on Earth.

Diana: I know what you mean. It's been a while since you brought up that topic though... I'm sorry. Did I make you remember that again...?

It was inevitable really. Every time I look at my sister, there was a vague memory of that day... I got over it, mostly. After all, my sister was right in front of me. But the thought of my sister just lying there on the ground, bleeding out as her body got colder.

I shuddered at the memory as tears formed in the corners of my eyes.

Diana: Come here Kara

She said softly.

I complied and snuggled into her. Sobbing slightly at the resurfaced memory; it got much better than before, and especially with the mind immunity thing that God granted us, but some memories are just too painful to be forgotten.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, I felt my Observation Haki go crazy and off the charts. An exact match of what I was looking for. It finally happened... after all this time.

Me: Sis... it's time.

Sis just looked at me with a small smile before letting me go.

Diana: I trust you... just be careful alright? Never underestimate your opponent.

I nodded. And just like a few days ago with Franky, I put on my Marine Coat and jumped out the window...but this time I didn't fall back down.

I flew higher and higher using my devil fruit to fly myself higher and into the clouds where lightning flashed.

There in the distance I saw it...

Coming towards me was a massive Flying Golden Warship, crackling with electricity as the engines turned. On the front of the figurehead of the ship stood a tall but pale man with possibly the longest drooping ears I have ever seen.

A moment of silence passed as we both tried to measure each other with our haki. Both of us failing miserably as we canceled each other out with our respective control over electricity.

Enel: ...Who are you?