Chapter 82 - Ritual of Rebirth

It's night, several days have passed since taking control of Jax, the Harmekian Spymaster. Although everything is in place by now, Jax is very efficient, I'm delaying the regicide just a bit to handle another urgent matter. 

With the upcoming construction of the Temple to Yggdrasil, I'm worried that the three Aurellium members would be discovered. Thus far, I've managed to keep them hidden, but it's only a question of time before they're found. 

So, we're performing the Ritual of Rebirth tonight. They've all chosen their new forms, and have been Purified in the Divine Spring. Additionally, according to Yggdrasil, since my blood is also infused with her sap, it should confer the same benefits onto them, preventing them from experiencing the same problems with a 'humanoid' Soul in the Vessel of a Monster that I've.

I've prepared three vials of my own blood. They almost glow in the cold dark of the winter night, and I easily sense the magic radiating off of them. 

"I'll be first." Erkut announces with a grim expression on his face. "As the leader of this group, it's my duty to do this. Perhaps it can somehow make up for my failure to keep the others safe." He's still bitter about the ease of which his entire band of would-be assassins were wiped out, but I sense no hostility towards me nor Vir'ava.

"Monarch, what if this fails?" Tiana asks hesitantly, her usual calm and aloof demeanor nowhere to be seen. 

I haven't really considered the possibility entirely... But... "If you still desire to live without going through with the Ritual, I'll make you Undead. Otherwise..." I trail off as I notice the trios grim expressions harden. Either this works, or their lives are forfeit. They understand that much. Becoming Undead, it seems, is out of the question.

"Let's do this then." Erkut holds out his hand as he steps forward. I've prepared a slab of Abyssinite to act as the pedestal upon which the Ritual will be preformed. I hand Erkut his vial of blood, and he takes his place on the slab. Sitting down, he uncorks the bottle and sniff its contents. 

He seems quite taken aback by the smell, and his face takes on a pale, slightly green pallor. Regardless, he takes a deep breath and downs the entire bottle in a few gulps. He struggles to swallow the last bit, no doubt fighting the urge to vomit, but he manages to keep it down.

"Now, I will bond your Soul to your Vessel, so that it may inhabit its new form." I use Bonds of Gleipnir, targeting the pulsing ball of energy that is Erkuts Soul and his body. "Visualize intently your desired form as you lay down." I instruct, moving to stand over his body such that I may more easily reach out and touch his chest for the final part of the Ritual. I cast Death on him.

Erkut lies down, his breath shaky, though it soon calms and becomes slow and steady. As the timer for Doom runs out, his body visibly relaxes as his breath stops and he dies.

*Take Dominion of the Will of Erkut Dreamweaver?*

Yes. His Other Will, or, his personality, memories etc. the things that make Erkut, well, Erkut, will be lost, sent wandering the World. So, in order to make sure that it's Erkut and not another lost Other Will that bonds with the now blank Soul that's bound to his corpse, I have to make a Will via Deathlord.

I reach out, placing my hand onto his still warm chest. I cast True Raise on him, but grasp the Spell as it manifests, focusing intently on the new form. 

*Warning. Tampering with the World System detected. Cease at once.*

I ignore the warning. Focusing deeply, my vision blurs and a new understanding of the World comes upon me. I see... 

[IsResultantSpecies_TrueRaise: Wight]
[Set.ResultantSpecies_TrueRaise: Skaldwylg]
[Resolving Conflicts...]
[Reset.EntityVariable: Skills]
[Reset.EntityVariable: Spells]
[Reset.EntityVariable: SocialTitles]
[Complete]
[IsEntityModifier_HiveMind: True]
[Set.EntityModifier_HiveMind = False]
[IsEntityModifier_Raised: True]
[Set.EntityModifier_Raised = False]