Chapter 32

Plan failed

***

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Adeline pov

A week has passed and I observed the two, Iris and Nolan, closely. They seem to hate each other deeply. Which is just what I need for this plan I came up with.

I waited for a certain someone in the back of the school. Eventually Amber's brother walked toward me. His black hair almost covered his eyes and his icy blue eyes pierced through mine. His hands were pressed into his pockets and he had a lollipop in his mouth.

He stopped infront of me and took out the lollipop from his mouth.

"You called me?" He asked in a soothing voice with a small smirk on his lips.

"You want Iris to date you, right?" I straightforwardly went into topic.

He scanned my face for a moment before smirking widely.

"Yes. I do want her back. Why?" He questioned proudly.

"Well...I have a certain plan in mind and I was thinking that you were just the perfect guy. But first.. I need your honesty. Do you think you can make Iris fall for you?" I asked with a smirk and my hands crossed over my chest.

"It's as easy as pie."

"Good. Because I think we can make her jealous and want you back."

"Well then. You got yourself a deal." He held out his hand and I shook it. Amber's brother is the best.

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Iris pov

I passionately kiss Nolan as his hands gently roam up and down my waist. I pulled away and stared into his shimmering green eyes.

"How long do you think we will need to keep us a secret?" I pouted.

"Not long, love. I promise." He tucked a string of my hair behind my ear and placed a kiss on my forehead as he held me close to him.

We eventually leave our hiding spot and I quickly make my way to the boys as he slowly walks behind.

I sit down by the boys and boredly let my head rest on my hand while the boys look at me in confusion.

"You okay?" Louis questioned.

"No. I'm bored." I stated in a monotone voice.

"Lucky for you, you have me to accompany you." A voice echoed through my ears.

Nolan. He sat down and looked at me with a evil grin.

"Oh please. You are just enough to bore my ears back into my brain." I retorted nonchalantly.

"That did not make sence." He shook his head.

"Good for you. I really hope you didn't loose an extra 10 brain cells, not that you have any left." I shot back.

To be honest, I was just growing tired of us having to pretend. Each and every girl that liked Nolan has started to come up to me and warned me about the concequenses for if I ever speak to him rudely again.

Gosh it was hard having a popular bad boy boyfriend.

Aaaaaaand my brain just broke.

"What happened between you two at the camp? I started to think you were getting close again back there but after you guys went home and school started, it was like you two started to hate each other?" Denis questioned with a sad frown.

He hated seeing his friend and best friend in such a state. I would have hated it too to see my two friends hate each other.

"Nothing." Me and Nolan sternly stated in harmony before we looked at each other, scoffed and looked away from each other.

Behind that scoff of mine was a fight to not squeel as I thought back to our kiss. His confession and the late night talk we had that day, even if it was a little sad and nerve wrecking that we had agreed to keep us a secret, and so on.

"Clearly something had happened." Louis claimed.

Something did happen. But not that what he was thinking of. It was something more sweet and tender yet careless and funny.

I turned to face Nolan with a pained look on my face as he stared back at me with an emotionless expression.

I watch his expression closely. The hate he showed seemed so real. But it slowly disappeared as soon as my eyes started burning up and glassy water started filling them. His expression was now filled with concern and his eyebrows were furrowed along with the other two that seemed confused.

I can't anymore.

I abruptly stood up and stormed away to wherever my feet took me, seemingly being the back of the school.

"Iris!" Nolan called out but I kept walking.

I was angered.

I was saddened.

I needed escape.

"Iris!" Everyone watched as we exited the cafeteria.

I felt like a big bird cramped into a small cage, having an urge to spread my wings and fly.

"Iris!" He called again and I finally came to a halt and turned to look at him as an lonely tear rolled down my cheek.

"What's wrong?" He gently asked, slightly out of breath from chasing after me.

He stopped infront of me and cupped my face.

"I can't anymore, Nolan. I know we are doing this for safety and for us, but I can't help but think that this is unfair. I feel trapped. Anxious. Stressed. I can't take it anymore." I shook my head and let the tears escape.

Never did I think that I would let my weakness be seen by anyone. Especially not this boy infront of me. But he was more to me now than just a boy like he was back then. He was everything I could ever dream of.

"Iris-"

"Please, Nolan. I can't sit and wait anymore for something to happen. Amber was my friend and she was taken away from me, what's worse is she was betrayed and didn't even know it. Adeline betrayed me. Betrayed Amber. Our friendship. And now she wants me as good as dead. Everyday I come to school, I hide in a closet sothat the guys don't beat me up and the girls don't give me a speech about how useless I am and that I should stay away from you because I'm hurting you. Watch as we lie to your best friends. My friends. Everyone. I can't anymore. Understand that, Nolan." I cried out in one deep breath.

He pulls me into a tight hug and I wrap my arms around his waist, crying into his chest.

"I do understand. But love... What else can we do but wait? Let's give it one more day. One more day and if nothing happens, we make it happen." He genuinely spoke.

"Promise?" I asked for reassurance.

"Promise."