Chapter 47

Fairytales Are A Sence Of Reality

***

ONE MONTH AGO

*-*

Iris awoke with a throbbing headache. Her eyes burned and her face felt swollen. She opened her eyes and scanned the room. It was a little blurry but she could clearly make out what everything was.

She was in the hospital. That she knew now.

She frowned when her head started pounding. She held her head as the memories of last night came flooding back.

"Nolan." Was the first thing she spoke about. She didn't mind her dry throat that ached for water.

She had to see him.

"Iris Harper. Glad to see you're finally awake. Don't mind if I need to make a few checkup- Iris!" The young women yelled as she realised what the girl infront of her was doing.

She appeared to be a doctor.

Iris was pulling out all the pypes as blood soared out.

"What are you doing!?" The doctor yelled, walking up to a stoic Iris.

She ignored the complaints and walked out the room.

"Iris! Get her!" The doctor yelled at two other male doctors who were close by.

Iris jodged them and started running, she scanned every room, opened every door, to find the person she needed to see.

She came across a door by the end of the hallway. She opened it, only to see two boys, a woman and a man in the room.

They didn't notice her. They were too focused on a conversation.

"So he's okay?" It was Nolan's mother. She started with hope at the man infront of her. Nolan's father.

"I don't know. His heart stopped for 10 minutes. He should be dead so he is lucky, but the chances that he wakes up is extremely low. If we're lucky, it's a 10% chance. Even if he does wake up, the loss of blood in his brain could cause a tumor or perhaps even a complete memory wipe out." His father spoke.

"So... If he doesn't wake up..." His mother whimpered.

"We will have to pull the plug." His father looked at the floor and shook his head.

"No." Iris's hoarse voice boomed the room.

Everyone turned to face her, even the two boys, Denis and Louis, turned to face her.

"Iris..." Louis spoke, his eyebrows furrowed and worry was written on his face.

Iris stared at the boy in the hospital bed.

"It can't be true. No, I refuse. This is a dream. I'll wake up and he'll be okay. Everything will be fine." Iris shook her head. The male doctors finally caught up.

"Iris... It's over." Louis spoke.

"No, it's not!" Iris yelled. The doctor tried to grab her but she pulled her arm out of his hold.

"Iris..." Denis whispered sadly. He had the look that showed there was no faith for the man in the bed. They were facing reality.

"I refuse to believe it! This has to be a joke!" Iris yelled furiously, tears running down her cheeks like storms.

The doctors tried to grab her and this time they succeeded. She was at a disadvantage. Not only did she just wake up without as much as a drink or anything, but her small body was also too weak and fragile at this moment of time.

"Let me go! Nolan! Nolan, wake up! Help me! Help me, Nolan!" She yelled but the boy didn't even move his eyes or anything. He was in a deep sleep.

"You have to wake up! Please... You promised..." She breathed before blacking out again.

*-*

"Why didn't you tell me he was awake!?" Iris was busy on a scolding spree, her hands on her hips as she stared at both Louis and Denis.

"Louis tried to tell you, but you ignored him." Denis replied for Louis.

"W-when did he wake up?" Iris guiltily spoke, trying to find a reason for her to not be the one at blame.

"Yesterday." Denis replied.

"Ah-ha. You see- wait what? Yesterday?" Iris questioned, her glory falling as soon as she noticed that she was really at blame.

Both the boys nodded. Her mouth hung open and her hands dropped to her sides.

A figure wrapped his strong arms around her frail body. She gave in to his touch, closing her eyes and smiling as she held his arms.

"Calm down. I didn't come back only to hear you yell at everyone." He whispered softly, but everyone heard.

She didn't say anything and just stayed in his embrace, turning around in his arms before wrapping her own arms around his waist and hugging him.

"By the way. Who is he?" Nolan suddenly pointed out to the light brown haired boy that was sitting by the table, furiously staring at Nolan.

"The person she went on a date with while you were gone." Alex tried to make Nolan jealous.

"Iris?" Nolan eyed her.

"What? No. It was a friendly one. I went to pay him back for finding the necklace you gave me." Iris truthfully spoke. Luckily Nolan wasn't much of the jealous type, or so she thinks, and trusted Iris wholeheartedly.

"Speaking of which. Where is it?" Nolan asked, noticing she wasn't wearing it.

She quickly rummaged for something in her bag and took out the necklace, holding it up to show Nolan.

"Since it fell off and you weren't here, I was scared to lose it so I just put it in my bag for incase. But since you're here again, do you mind?" Iris held out the necklace for Nolan to take.

He smiled and gladly took it. She turned around, pushing her hair out of the way as he put it over her head and clicked it at the back, just like last time.

She dropped her hair again and faced Nolan with a loving smile.

Alex was furious at this. He wanted her for himself. He wished that Nolan guy would just leave again sothat he can be with Iris and win her over before he comes back. He even hoped he would die.

He didn't know that he did actually die a while back before being a lucky guy and waking up in good condition. He didn't know anything about the incident, to be precise. He thought he had moved to somewhere else, leaving Iris behind. He thought it was her ex or something.

All he knew was that this guy infront of him, hurt Iris. That was enough reasons to hate him. He wouldn't have minded the fact to move on if it was someone else.