Chapter 21 - Why

As promised, here is the update! Thank you for all the votes and comments on the last update, really appreciate it so much. Let me know what you think about this one!

"Don't want to ask about it 'cause you might brush it off. I'm afraid you think that it means nothing at all. I don't know why I won't admit that you're all I want."

Song: Why
Artist: Shawn Mendes

Shit, shit, shit!

I look down at the little girl hugging my legs with a slight frown on my face. I could feel Harry staring at the side of my face but I'm just too scared to look up.

I messed up real bad. I should've told him when I had the chance but, me being my stupid self, just had to wait so long. Now, look at what this brought me.

"You okay, sweetie?" Harry asks surprisingly calm. Haley looks up at him from my legs with a little pout on her lips. She shakes her head then walks over to him. He brings her up in his arms giving her a tight hug. "Why don't you tell daddy about your dream." And then he walks out of the room towards Haley's room in the suite.

With a sign, I sit down on the bed with my head between my hands. I don't know what he's going to say about that. I mean, particularly it isn't my fault. I didn't tell the little girl to call me her mom, but then again.. I didn't stop it either. This is just so messed up.

After 10 minutes, I hear Harry's footsteps enter the room again. I look up from the floor to his handsome face that has a slight frown on it.

"Harry." I start. He only brings his hand up to silence me. I shut my mouth with a frown of my own on my face.

"Mummy? Since when had she began to call you mummy?" I couldn't quite understand his tone. Was he angry?

"Umm.." I start. "Maybe a few days ago? I've tried to-"

"And you haven't told me?" He looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. I couldn't look at him, so I looked down at my hands on my lap and answered him.

"I wanted to. But every time I was close to telling you something would interrupt us. I didn't know-"

"Did you tell her to call you that?"

"What? No! Harry, I would never do that." I was confused. Why on earth would he think I would tell her something so outrageous?

"Well, she has never called anyone else that before? What is different with you know?"

"I don't know!" I can't believe he thinks I would do something like that! Like really?

"Janelle, I don't know what to say." He signs running his fingers through his hair.

I didn't know what to say. What was he saying? That I told Haley to call me her mom? Why would I do something like that even when we are in the city her mom died.

"You don't know what to say?! Why don't you go get Haley and she can explain this to you? I have nothing to do with this! That little girl is just craving a mom figure in her life, that's the only conclusion I have." I was starting to get angry at him.

"Don't you think I want her mom here? Hell! I would do anything in my power to have her back in my arms! Back in Haley's life so she won't call a random woman her mom! You are not her mum and you will never be!" The veins were starting to appear in his neck as he screams the words out that's like daggers to my heart.

"Random woman?" I whisper under my breath with tears quickly filling my eyes. I knew we weren't officially together but I was starting to fall for Harry. Hard and quick. He's not over her, he would never be.

He looks up at the floor with big eyes once he realized what he said. "Janelle, I-"

"No, it's okay." I put my hand up signalling for him not to come closer. "I'm sorry I'm just some random woman in your life. When were you going to tell me huh? Was I only here so you won't feel empty anymore with the loss of Layla? I was just another 'random woman' in your life, right?" The tears start to flow from my eyes at the realization that Harry never truly felt anything for me. Here I was falling in love with him and he just wanted someone to fill a space.

"Janelle no-"

"Why Harry? Why did you have to play with my feeling like this? Tell me all those special things when, in the meantime, you don't feel anything in return. I was so stupid! So stupid to think I'm actually in love with you!" I scream the last sentence with so much hurt in my voice.

"You... you love me?" He looks at me with big, frightened eyes. Should've known he would never feel the same way.

"Stupid huh? To think you could feel the same way." He looks at the ground with furrowed eyebrows not saying a word. That only confirmed what I though. He has no feelings for me.

"Should've known," I mutter turning around and walking straight to my suitcase. I put all my stuff lying around the room back in my bag before zipping it up.

"What are you doing?" I look up and see Harry standing in the doorway looking at me with pained eyes. I pull my suitcase on the floor. I try to walk past him but he grips my arm holding me in place.

"Janelle." He mutters.

I look up at him with so much hurt in my eyes. I should've known this would happen again.

"Why continue something that wasn't even there in the first place?" I speak lowly pushing my arm out of his hold. I walk towards the door opening it to walk out but stop to look back.

Harry is still standing on the same spot I left him. Not moving a muscle. Not trying to stop me. Guess this was how it was supposed to end. My nightmare becoming a reality again. How could I have thought he had feelings for me too?

Holding in my sobs I walk further out and close the door behind me. I walk towards the elevator and ride down to the lobby. Wiping my eyes, I walk towards the front desk lady.

"Good evening miss. How may I help you?" She asks with a small smile on her face probably seeing my tear-stained face.

"Can I please get a single room?" She nods typing something on the computer.

"How long will you be staying?" I don't know. Harry and I were supposed to be here for a week, maybe a little longer, then he said he wanted to see his family.

"Can I pay for the nights when I check out?" I decide to ask.

"No problem." She types on the computer and then gives me my room key. I walk back towards the elevator and press the button for my new floor.

When I reached my floor, I walk towards my designated room door. Closing the door behind me, I broke down. Uncontrollable sobs leaving my body. I put my suitcase somewhere in the corner then just lie down on the bed crying. Crying for thinking my life was perfect for a chance. Crying that everything was not working out. Crying because the man I love doesn't love me back. Crying that he never had feelings for me to even begin with. Crying about losing that precious little girl that doesn't deserve the evil of the world. Crying because once again, I'm alone.

"I pretend that I'm not ready. Why do we put each other through hell? Why can't we just get over ourselves?"