4. Heat Between Us

The next morning, I wake up to my 8am phone alarm. I immediately shut it off to avoid waking Nolan up. I feel bad that I'm making him drive me to class on his day off.

If he's not awake on his own by the time I need to leave, then I'll just take the bus.

I head into his bathroom and do the bare minimum that it takes to get ready. I wash my face with soap and brush my teeth with his toothpaste and then put on the little amount of makeup that I had put in my backpack.

I throw on a pair of denim shorts and a Phillies t-shirt and then call it a day. It's as good as it's gonna get.

As I zip up my backpack, I can hear Nolan presumably waking up. I kinda wanted him to sleep, since he looked like he needs it. But I'm not mad about getting a few extra moments with him.

I exit the bathroom and Nolan is sitting up on his phone, comforter dropped to his waist which reveals his bare torso. He looks up and smiles when he hears me. "Good morning," I say and plop next to him on the bed. "You too," he says. "What time do you wanna leave?"

I shrug, "I don't know. 8:40?"

He agrees and then I just silently watch him scroll through Instagram for a few minutes. It's only 8:15.

"Do you want something to eat? I don't know if I have a lot, but you can have whatever," he says after locking his phone and dropping it to the mattress.

I found out yesterday that he's still never been to Wawa, despite being in Philadelphia for almost two months, so this seems like the perfect opportunity. "Let's stop at Wawa," I suggest with a grin.

"You love that place," he says and shakes his head.

"Let me share it with you," I say dramatically.

He glances at me with narrowed eyes and then agrees. "Fine."

After he quickly gets ready, we exit the apartment and hop into his car in the basement parking garage.

Once at Wawa, I order a breakfast wrap and Nolan copies me. We both get a coffee as well.
Once we are eating in the car, Nolan agrees with me that "it's pretty good," and we drive the five minutes to campus with the windows down and sunglasses on.

It's a beautiful day and even though it's the middle of September, it still feels like summer.

When we get right outside the building that I have my class in, I lean my head back against the passenger seat and roll it over to look at him. We're ten minutes early. "I don't wanna go," I whine.

It makes Nolan smile. "I just wanna spend my whole day off with you," he says sweetly. This time it's his turn to make me blush.

"This is my only class today," I say, letting him know that I'm free to hang out with him if he wants.

"When does it end? I'll pick you up," he says quickly.

"At 10:30," I answer just as quickly. It's all settled and Nolan will be right in this spot when my class is over. I already don't know how I am going to concentrate during class.

The answer is: I don't. I text Nolan the entire lecture. I also post a selfie I took in Nolan's apartment this morning on my Instagram.