10. Be Alright

The next day, I text Nolan about the win yesterday and congratulate him on getting his first goal. Maybe that will mean he'll be in a good mood when he gets home tonight. It'll be late, but I hope he still wants to talk about everything.

I hate not knowing.

And I want to tell him the whole story.

I also wish him good luck on their game tonight.

He texts back about an hour later saying that they'll be home around midnight here.

He also says thanks for congratulating him on the goal. And thanks for wishing him luck on tonight's game.

Samantha🔥
Can I come over when you get home?

Nolan☺️
If you want

Samantha🔥
I won't if you don't want me to
I just thought we could talk

Nolan☺️
No I want you to
I just didn't know if you were going out tn

Samantha🔥
Ohh
But no I'm not, there's a social tn with a frat but I'm skipping

Nolan☺️
Alright I'll text you when we land then

Samantha🔥
Okay have a good day and game and flight haha

Nolan☺️
Thanks

As I put my phone face down on my bed, I sigh. That was awkward.

Nevertheless, I get myself ready for my two classes I have today and then head outside. In my micro class, Whitney, Hailey, and Brianna, three of my older sorority sisters, sit next to me. I met Hailey during recruitment, met Whitney at the party I took Nolan to, and Brianna I met through both of them when they started sitting next to me last week.

I still have a weird feeling about Hailey, but she's been really nice to me since that night.

"Hey girl, what's up?" Brianna asks. I sip on the Starbucks coffee they brought me and shrug.

"Nothing really, but do you mind if I tell you something?" I ask. I feel like I can trust both of them and I just have to get all this Nolan stuff off my chest. Maybe they can give me advice. I mean I had talked about Nolan with them before.

They both nod. "What's wrong?" Whitney asks, concerned.

I place the cup on my desk and then uncross my legs. "Okay so Nolan and I are kinda in a fight, and he hasn't really been talking to me that much since he's been away."

"Well what's the fight about?" Hanna asks.

"Uhm so do you guys know Alex Luongo? He's in Alpha Delta Phi and I've been friends with him since the first day of school really."

They both nod, saying that they've seen him at some of our socials with their frat. "Okay so me and him hooked up a few times in August, like literally the first two weeks of the semester. And Nolan just found out and he's mad that I didn't tell him when he met Alex. When they met, I just told Nolan that we were in the same friend group and didn't tell him about us hooking up. So now he's mad at me," I spit out.

Brianna and Whitney both nod and then ask if I like Alex. "No!" I say quickly. "I never even wanted to hook up with him in the first place and once I met Nolan, I stopped hanging out with Alex."

"Okay then calm down," Brianna says. "Once you explain all that to Nolan then you guys will be fine."

Whitney pats my hand and then I get some sense of relief. I hope they're right. Hailey leans back in her seat without saying anything further.