51. Always

He scored. Twice. He broke his long drought and did it in the best way. I was so proud of him and happy that I almost cried as I jumped up and down celebrating.

The first goal he conceded a small smile, but the second... the between the legs goal he scored forced a huge grin to stretch across his face for really the rest of the game.

After the game, I didn't even try to hide my excitement. Nolan isn't too keen of PDA, but I just couldn't help from squeezing him super tight and rocking our bodies side to side. He doesn't seem to mind though, he giggles and squeezes me back. I've never seen this much emotion from him after a game.

I pull back just enough to go on my toes and kiss him. "What an overachiever, scoring two goals," I comment giddily, watching him blush profusely.

"I'm so relieved," he says, mumbling to a minimum.

I bite my lip as I finally let go of him. I give him a once over and then straighten out where I wrinkled his suit. "I know you are."

We smile at each other, completely oblivious to the excitement in the room after the win. In a fast and unanticipated motion, he leans down and kisses me again, chaste and PG but slightly longer than the normal pecks he would give me after games.

When we separate, I slip my hand into his and in no words, ask if he's ready to leave. He nods and leads the way out, both of us saying goodbye to those of his teammates who haven't left yet.

"So are you getting ready at your place or mine?" He asks as we venture out through the snowy parking lot. I cock my head in confusion. He catches the look on my face and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "That sorority party you're going to?"

"Oh!" I exclaim, totally forgetting. And then as I take into account the snow coming down and the game that Nolan had tonight and the fact that it's already nearing on 11pm... by the time I change and do my hair and get to the party, it'll be late. After a minute of hesitation and getting to Nolan's car, I make the easy decision to skip it. They'll do fine without me for a night.

"Do you think I could just stay with you tonight?" I ask, peeking at him while he opens the passenger door for me. He smiles- he's smiled more times tonight than he has in the past month- and puts his hand on my hip while i climb into the car. "Really? You don't wanna go to that party?"

I shrug. "I wanna stay with you more."

He blushes- not surprisingly- and just stares at me. I raise my eyebrows and giggle as I watch him fumble over what to say, until eventually he just shuts my door and practically runs over to the drivers side. I shake my head at him when he gets in and starts the car.

"I love you," he announces. I laugh and nod. "No like, I really really love you." He hasn't even made a move to start driving. He's just turned towards me and letting his word vomit run without hesitation. "I don't know what I thought would happen the day I first saw you, but I didn't think I would love you this much, that I could even love anyone this much."

He's never been so open, so emotionally vulnerable. I would have never expected this show of love from him. I feel tears slide down my cheeks, and I wipe at them. "Nolan," I mumble. He slides his hands into my lap, moving them up and down my thighs and staring in my eyes. "Don't cry," he whispers softly.

I shake my head. "I- I don't know what to say. You... you make me so so so happy. I love you, I love-" I'm crying too much to continue. I shouldn't be so over reactive at this, but the emotions of the game and everything he said... it's really getting to me.

He cradles my face with his hands tight on my cheeks, and kisses my tear soaked lips. I whine against his lips, needing more of him. Lucky for me, he slides his tongue into my mouth slowly. I could do this forever, just feeling his breath and his mouth and his hands on my face and in my hair. He is so intoxicating.