35. Little Scare

npatrick19: miss this one 🤓tagged: samanthaobrien1

tagged: samanthaobrien1

8.6k likes; 61 comments

traviskonecny: what about me
         npatrick19: I see u everyday
ryannehaileyb: so romantic
oskarlindbolm: cuffed
samanthaobrien1: I miss you 💔💔
sanheim17: whipped

The holidays went by in a daze. Christmas was over a week ago, and having all this free time to spend with friends and family is starting to get a bit boring.

Nolan and I haven't seen each other since the team Christmas party, which means it's been over two weeks. After he returned to Philly from Winnipeg, where he visited his family for the holiday break, the team started on a pretty extensive road trip.

We haven't even really had a chance to text much; he's been so busy.

They got back late last night, and this morning I'm going to show up at his place to surprise him. He probably won't be awake but I figure I could make him breakfast. I know that after ten days on the road, his kitchen is gonna have virtually nothing to eat.

I catch a train at around nine am. By the time I get to his apartment building, it's almost 9:40. Despite it being later in the morning than I expected, I'm sure he won't be awake. He would've texted me by now.

I use the swipe card he gave me a few weeks ago to get into the lobby and the elevator. It's virtually a ghost town in here. I don't come in contact with another person the whole journey up to the seventeenth floor.

Once I unlock the door, I can tell that he's not awake. Other than the tv being paused on a video game, it looks exactly how I expected- unlived in for two weeks.

I head into the kitchen right away because I need a cup of coffee immediately. I start a pot even before I drop my purse on the counter; I'm so in need of caffeine. As it starts brewing, I check the fridge for eggs. There's only one left in the carton and it's probably expired. I should've picked some up on my way over; I wasn't thinking.

I decide I'll have to make pancakes and just as I reach in the cabinet for the box, I hear a bedroom door open and close and I figure he woke up because of the coffee smell.

Except the footsteps don't really sound like him and when I turn around, I practically scream in surprise. Last time I checked, a beautiful brunette with boobs twice the size of mine didn't live here.

"I'm sorry," she says quickly, "I didn't mean to scare you. I- I just smelled the coffee."

"I- uhm," I stutter. Her presence and the fact that she's wearing his damn shirt is stopping me from forming any coherent sentences.

I mean it's pretty obvious what a random girl is doing here this early, wearing nothing but a slutty pair of underwear and his gray Under Armour dri-fit that he always wears to sleep.