42. Never Forget You

samanthaobrien1: I'm aliveeee (:

1.6k likes; 13 comments

When Nolan walks into TK's apartment, I'm laughing hysterically at Travis who just spilled an entire shot on himself. We're drunk.

"Guys?"

Nolan's voice carries from the front door to the living room, and I sit up straight. I haven't seen him in a month.

I turn around and he walks into the room, stops at the doorway. "Oh, hey," he says.

"Hi," I respond.

"Are you good?" He asks, his hands shoved in his pockets. I laugh, the giggles overtaking me. "I'm fine, why'd you even come?"

"Heyyy, he's always invited," Travis interjects and pokes my side enough for me to start laughing again. I'm ticklish. Nolan clears his throat and Travis takes his hands off me. Okay...

"So you want a beer? Or take a shot with us we were just about to," Travis says. Nolan'll just have a beer, and he heads into the kitchen to get it himself.

"Oh God, Travis I can't believe I'm in the same room as him," I whisper. "He hates me."

"Shut up he does not," Travis blows off my worries and tells me that everything's fine because we're all friends and are capable of being normal around each other.

When Nolan comes back, him and TK start playing xbox, and I get bored. I'm absolutely hammered, and sitting still isn't doing anything for my attention span.

Plus, I can't just sit here with him but not be able to touch him. The way it makes me feel when his forearms flex around the Xbox controller, and his mouth hangs the slightest bit open in concentration... it's all too much.

"Hey where you going?" Nolan calls as I leave the living room. The game is paused and he's looking over his shoulder at me. It's such a simple question, but the way he says it reminds me of the way he was always looking out for me when we were dating.

"I'll be around, I don't know I'm just bored," I explain.

"You're not trying to go anywhere, right?" He asks again, eyebrows raised.

"No," I promise. "I'll be fine in another room."

"You're not gonna get sick or anything?" He asks, a hint of worry audible.

"No, I'm fine I swear," I reply smoothly. He shuts his mouth then, and nods. "Don't break anything," Travis adds with a chuckle. I head into the guest room then, with another beer in hand. All of a sudden, I get really tired.

I text Ashley that I'm with Nolan, and she immediately asks for details. I drunkenly type out that he just showed up at Travis' so I'm not really with him, but I'm near him at least. She and all the guys know that I miss him, but I haven't really talked to anyone about it since the night Mike and I talked.