8. For Now

With the first three games of the season behind us, Nolan is still really upset he hasn't gotten a goal yet. But he did register his first ever NHL point during yesterday's game- an assist on Ivan Provorov's goal!

Speaking of yesterday's game, I also met most of the other players. Some were more outgoing than others, namely Travis Konecny.

He was funny and sarcastic and my kinda person if you ask me. Nolan has said before that Travis is like his best friend on the team, and after meeting him I can definitely say that opposites attract.

Today is Sunday, and the team is getting on a plane tonight to go to Dallas. But we have all day free together, and decide on going down by the Schuylkill River to enjoy the beautiful weather. Even though it's October, it is still pretty hot out.

samanthaobrien1: someone let me drive their car; this is big 🚘 tagged: npatrick19

tagged: npatrick19

660 likes; 10 comments

jstevens: pay attention to the road
mike_dimascio: ur the worst driver
travis_konecny: oh no, @npatrick19 you better be careful
oskarlinbolm: the escalade??? I wanna drive that thing @npatrick19

At the park around the river, Nolan intertwines our fingers as we walk along the water. It's a beautiful day, and a lot of people are around enjoying it.

Nolan is gonna be away for four days and honestly it's the longest time I'm about to be apart from him. It kinda sucks.

"What time do you have to leave?" I ask.

"The plane is at seven thirty," he tells me. "I have to pack and stuff though."

"I mean what time do you have to leave here?" I ask. I just wanna know how much time we have the rest of the day.

He looks over at me and we stop walking. He picks up his phone out of his pocket and checks the time. It's noon.

"Not til like five," he says. I grin, "Okay good."

He smiles back and wraps his arm around my waist. We stare out at the water, at the sun hitting the waves, at the kids running around.

"How do you feel about your first away games?" I ask. He shrugs. "I feel okay. I wish I could score already. I don't know what's wrong with me. Scoring was never this hard. And I know it's the NHL but still."

"You know for some people it takes like twenty games," I say.

He looks at me and raises his eyebrows. "I really don't wanna go scoreless in my first twenty games," he tells me humorously.

I laugh. Maybe that wasn't the best advice.