5. Dress Us Up We Still Are Crazy

The next day I can hardly concentrate in my classes. Tonight is the night of formal, and Nolan is my date.

I can't wait.

He's gonna be wearing a sleek black suit and I'm wearing a tight light blue dress that has a layer of sparkle.

Ashley is in the same sorority and she's bringing Justin as her date. It's gonna be a fun night, and I'm also a little bit excited to introduce Nolan to at least some of my friends.

Nolan☺️
Hey cutie

Samantha🔥
Hey cutie to you:)) how was practice?

Nolan☺️
Really good. I was on a line with Giroux for a while so I think that means Coach thinks I'm doing okay

Samantha🔥
Duh he thinks you're freaking top line worthy🤩

Nolan☺️
Hopefully it stays that way
But what time should I come over tonight?

Samantha🔥
It starts at 7, wanna come at like 6?

Nolan☺️
Sure thing

Samantha🔥
Can't wait to see you

Nolan☺️
Hey I was gonna say that

Samantha🔥
Sorry bout it

Nolan☺️
You can repay me later

I catch myself grinning to my phone screen and biting my pen to destruction. Ashley nudges my leg with her own, and mouths 'what's up?'

I mouth back 'Nolan.' She smiles knowingly and goes back to taking notes on her laptop. I put my phone in my pocket to try to keep my attention on the last ten minutes of this lecture.

After a quick lunch at the dining hall, Ashley and I go back to our dorm to start getting ready for the formal. We still don't know too many older girls in our sorority so we want to look our best.

I straighten my blonde hair so it lays flat down to the middle of my back, and add sparkly eyeshadow to my normal makeup routine.

Nolan keeps texting me, asking for selfies, and once my makeup is done I succumb and send him two.

Samantha🔥
Fine, here ya go

Samantha🔥Fine, here ya go