6. My Date For the Foreseeable Future

I sit in the stands to watch Nolan practice with the Flyers. There's a decent sized crowd here and practice is fun to watch.

He looks really good in his pads and jersey, and his hair flows out of his helmet in a way that I can't explain. All I know is that I love looking at him play hockey.

He's very focused- that I can tell easily. But a few times as he skated past the glass, he smiled at me. One time he winked at me.

npatrick19: my own personal paparazzi tagged: samanthaobrien1

tagged: samanthaobrien1

11.4k likes; 101 comments

samanthaobrien1: I can't help it when I see a hot guy I just gotta snap a pic🤷🏼‍♀️
travis_konecny: ^no he's gross

After practice is over, I go downstairs and find the locker room by following the directions he relayed to me on the car ride over.

I wait in an apparently relatively busy hallway, because a lot of people are moving back and forth with equipment and stuff like that.

Some players start coming out of the locker room and I eagerly wait for Nolan. I can't wait to tell him how fun it was to watch him practice.

When he exits, his head swivels from side to side and when he looks to his left, I go up on my tip toes and wave at him so he sees me.

He grins and makes his way over to me at the end of the hallway. I touch his arm when he's close enough. His bag hanging from his shoulder, his hair wet from a shower, he looks amazing. I sigh.

"What'd ya think?" He asks hopefully.

"It was fun," I say. "You did so good too."

He blushes and looks down. I laugh, "You skate so fast though, what if you fall?"

His confidence comes back at that; I knew it would. "I'm not gonna fall," he says nonchalantly.

"If you say so."

He wraps his arm around my shoulders and then leads the way to one of the back doors of the arena. It leads to the player parking lot and I can see Nolan's car from the door.

It's a beautiful day.

We go to a pizza place for lunch and then just go back to his apartment. I have a lot of homework to catch up on and Nolan watches tv as I do work next to him on the couch.

We start to have a routine like this. I watch more and more practices and preseason games and we spend nearly all our time together.

At the end of September, just before the start of the regular season, while we're at a nice restaurant, Nolan finally asks me to be his girlfriend.

He was blushing when he asked, and of course I said yes. I just couldn't contain my excitement. That night was also the first night we had sex.

We finally had no interruptions, no plans, and nowhere to be in the morning.