36. When You Got the Right Girl

"Lemme make it up to you," he says.

It's been an hour since we stopped talking about the "cheating" situation, over and done with. And now that we are moving on with our lives, I realize how much I've missed him. It's been so long.

We're just laying on my bed, his arms around me and fingertips running under my shirt and along my skin. I smile and lift up my head to kiss his lips. I missed that.

"You don't have to make it up to me," I tell him.

He curls a hand around the back of my neck and leans his face down close to mine. "So what if I want to?" He flirts.

I blush and my body starts quivering in anticipation. It's been long enough without him, without his body and his touch. Without his perfect voice in my ear and his lips on mine.

"Well I'm not gonna say no to that."

My twin bed is certainly not the same as his apartment, but the smaller space forces us to be even closer while we have sex.

It's some of the best sex we've had- I think the long separation has something to do with that. We both finish at the same time, which we love doing, and then lay together for a while.

"When's the next time you have to leave?" I ask, playing with his fingers and feeling the up down movement of his chest.

"In ten days or so. We got lots of time together, babe."

I smile at the prospect of spending my free time with him. My smile is unwavering, and I kiss his cheek. "I love you," I tell him.

He sighs and squeezes his arms around my body. "When we have the all star break at the end of January, do you have any time off from school?"

The end of January will be the first week into the new semester, but maybe I can skip a day or two. It's sylly week after all- I think I could get away with it. Once I explain all that to Nolan, I can tell he has something else to say. "What is it, babe?" I ask.

He looks away sheepishly. "Nothing. Just it's kinda this thing where everyone goes on vacations and stuff and I was thinking you and me could go somewhere..." he explains quietly. Now it makes sense.

"You wanna go on vacation together?" I ask, feeling warm and fuzzy inside. Him feeling serious about me never stops making me happy. He shrugs sheepishly. What a cutie. "Where should we go?" I ask. I reach down for my bra and start snapping it in place, as a way to take some attention off him; I know he's shy.

"Somewhere hot," he says. "Anywhere you want."

"Oooh how about Hawaii?" I suggest. "I've never been."

"Okay," he agrees easily. He's so easy going. It's his break and he doesn't even care where we go. We decide that maybe we'll go Wednesday night until Sunday morning. Nolan has practice the next Monday.