Chapter 13

*****sorry I haven't updated, had school and volleyball games...yep, and thank you for the votes!!! :) ******

(Zayn's POV)

Shit.

Four pairs of eyes glared at me. Actually, only Liam glared at me. Harry looked bored, Niall looked confused, and Louis, well, he just looked like Louis. He seemed excited.

I wonder if Harry told them about Sky? Ugh, I really don't like repeating her story, it makes me feel bad for her and makes me reevaluate if not calling the police was the right thing to do.

"Erm, hello?" Yes, I am a very awkward person.

"Zayn..." Liam cautioned.

"Yes?"

"What is wrong with you?!" He practically screamed at me. I flinched back. I guess Harry told them, or maybe he found out that I prank called him at two in the morning. Guess it is time to play the "I don't know what your talking about" card.

"I don't know what your-"

"Cut the crap Zayn, Harry told us," I looked at Harry who sheepishly grinned back at me.

"Uh, I-I can explain" I quickly spit out.

"Well you better because I am so confused!" Niall spoke. I mentally laughed. The room is too tense to even breath let alone laugh.

"I found Sky, the girl, in the house, and then the person who probably kidnapped her came and said he was her sister and then she got super nervous and Louis scared her by being loud and now she is upstairs" I spoke that whole run-on sentence in under thirty seconds.

I really am not the talking type of person so saying almost a paragraph in one breath was unusual.

I guess it is because they will find out sometime, I was just hoping that sometime was later.

"Sky...like the sky!" Louis blurted. What?

We talked more about her and the man, and what struck me as odd was that Liam never mentioned bringing her to the hospital. Maybe he thought the same thing as me, "don't want to get the press involved".

Finally after almost two hours of quarreling with each other, I remembered something: Sky. How could I forget her while we were talking about her?

"Guys, I have to go check on Sky, I kinda promised I would check on her an hour ago..." I really didn't wait for a response. By the time I finished the sentence, I was already up the stairs.

I gently tapped on the door and quietly tip-toed in.

Sky was asleep. I can't shake the fact that she looks so young. People just seem younger and different when they are asleep. I shrugged.

I slowly made my way over to the door when I heard a faint voice.

"Please don't go..." I turned around to reveal a sleepy-eyed Sky sitting up in my bed. She looked so cute. Wait? No, she just looks...never mind.

"What?" I asked her.

"Pleassssee I don't want to be alone" she pleaded. The sleep in her eyes disappeared.

"Ok, here, I will sleep on the ground, is that good?"

She thought for a moment and nodded. Didn't I already say I would sleep here? I don't remember, it has been such a long day.

I walked over to my dresser. I didn't want to frighten her by just wearing boxers to bed so I picked out some sweats.

I found a pillow and a blanket and made a bed on the ground next to the real bed.

Sky's curious eyes followed my every move.

I debated taking off my shirt, because I usually don't sleep with one on, but Sky was here and probably traumatized so I didn't.

"Goodnight Sky, wake me if you get scared or have a problem, don't be shy" I cooed. I kissed her forehead and I saw a brief smile escape her lips.

"Goodnight...um...." I watched as her face turned red from embarrassment and crinkled in confusion.

Did I not mention my name? I did, but like the first time she was awake. She probably was so frightened that she wasn't paying attention.

"Zayn"

"Oh, sorry master, should have kn-"

"Why are you apologizing? And what's with master?"

Her eyes widened in fear. What wasn't she telling me?

"I am just so tired, I don't really know what I am saying, well, goodnight Zayn...and thanks for staying up here with me"

"No problem, now let's get some sleep"

I snuggled down onto the hardwood floor and somehow managed to fall asleep, however, not for long.

I awoke to whimpering and crying.

"It's just a nightmare, it's not real, just a dream..." then loud sobs, "but it's real! It isn't a dream Sky, omg, I am going crazy!" she muttered to her self.

I got up and found Sky curled up in a ball with the sheets messily strewn around the bottom of the bed.

"Sky are you ok?"

She screamed.

"Shhh! It's just me, Zayn, sorry I didn't mean to scare you,"

She stopped and quieted down.

"Oh, I just it was instinct. Sorry"

"It's ok, you don't need to say sorry about everything. What's this with having a nightmare?"

Her eyes once again widened.

"Nothing" she said a little too quickly.

"Yeah? Then what was it about?"

"Um...pancakes..?"

I laughed.

"Sure..."

She huffed.

After a minute of silence, Sky whispered, almost as if she was talking to herself,

"Can you, you please sleep up here?"

"Sure" I said as I slide into my bed.

At first, Sky was quiet and inched herself as far awag from me as possible. About three minutes later, she completely broke down.

"I CAN'T DO IT! I lied, I had a nightmare that he came back and-and-and took me and then he-" she stopped and cried instead.

I wanted to know what he did to her but I knew she needed to be comforted, not pestered. I leaned over and put my arms around her frail, shaking figure.

God she was tiny.

I pulled her into my chest as she wailed and muttered words that I couldn't understand.

I brushed hair out of her eyes and rubbed her back as I cooed,

"It's ok, just calm down, it will be alright, just try to go relax..." but that didn't work. She was crying, just a little quieter.

An idea popped into my head.

"You had a bad day....you sing a sad song just turn it around..." I sang softly into her ear. Soon enough, she quieted down. Only her breathing and an occasional hiccup could be heard.

After I finished, I whispered,

"Goodnight, I'm here, nothing can hurt you..." and then I felt her breathing become slow and consistent.

She was asleep. I smiled to myself as I cradled her to my chest, holding an arm protectively around her waist.

I could definetly get used to his...hold up, can I really be falling for a girl I met five hours ago?

**me from the future! Ok so I have been re-reading these chapters. Sorry for making this stor seem like it's going too fast****