Chapter 14

*****Ahhh! I am so happy that you are commenting and reading my story! I actually wasn't going to write this chapter today but I saw people's comments so, here I am!

Dedicated to claire97 for commenting and voting! Thank you so so much!!!*******

(Sky's POV) [2 hours ago]

The curly-haired boy's friend put his arm around me as we watched the Notebook. I could care less about the movie. I wasn't really into movie-watching.

What struck me as odd was when he held me close to his chest. I have never had a boyfriend, so I really don't know what to do in situations like this.

I tried not to freak out, since I had done that like a billion times already today. I just lied there and pretended to watch the movie until I heard footsteps outside.

I ignored it but then I heard someone screetching super loud. That was it. I freaked. I bolted out of the guys arms-I should probably know his name since he is like cuddling with me-and ran up the stairs to his bedroom.

I could hear,

"Sky!" but I didn't care. What if Matt barged through?

I had to think of a plan, fast.

I ran into the corner and slumped down, holding my hands to my feet. I cried and cried and truly had a panic attack.

I heard knocking at the door. Oh no, Matt was here to get me. The boy probably told him. Shoot.

"Sky! It's me, open up! I won't hurt you!" Like I haven't heard that before.

You know what? I don't care anymore, although I did like having that boy's arms around me. What am I saying? I am just annoying and bothering him.

I opened the door, prepared to meet Matt's vicious eyes but instead I found brown ones staring into mine.

He hugged me. Hugged me. Me. He must care about me since he hugged me.

I felt something in that hug...something I have never felt before. Weird. I must be too tired or, I don't know just too, I give up. I can't even form sentences in my head.

The boy was rocking me back and forth. It was actually quite soothing. He whispered something about going to sleep, and I took his advice.

I got into his bed. It was really nice and comfy.

"I can sleep out on the couch-"

I stupidly screamed,

"NO!" Great. Perfect. Just wonderful. Now he will think I am some freak who can't be left alone and who really wants to be with him. I thought about that. I kind of didn't want him to leave.

"I mean, please dont leave me...?" He smiled and said something about meeting his friends and coming back later.

It made me smile on the inside knowing that he would be coming back and that he didn't just laugh in my face when I said I didn't want him to sleep out there.

I slowly drifted away into a peaceful dream. It was nice.....

All of a sudden I woke to the sound of the door and feet tapping on the floor.

"Please don't go..." I whispered as I saw the figure stop and pause and then turn around.

"Pleasssse I don't want to be alone," I said again. That was true. Ever since Matt, I have hated to be alone. I feel like something will pop out at me and kill or r-r-ra-I can't even say it without all the memories flooding back in.

The 'r' word is almost worst than dying. I feel so disgusting and dirty, like the feeling of their bodies pressed against mine-disgusting.

He said he would sleep on the ground. I nodded because I guess that was good...right?

"Goodnight Sky, wake me if you have any problems, don't be shy," he cooed as he kissed my forehead. I smiled.

He was being so super adorable. Sky, calm down, don't be such a teenage girl, you just met him and you don't even know his freaking name.

"Goodnight um...." Shit, I should have just said goodnight.

"Zayn" That was such a pretty name. It really suited him well.

"Oh, sorry master, should have kn-"

"Why are you apologizing? And what's with master?" He replied looking concerned.

Shit. My eyes widened in fear.

I mumbled shit about being tired. That was a good excuse and he bought it. I really was tired and soon enough I was back asleep, but not for long.

At first my dream was a pleasant one: I was sitting down eating pancakes when I heard a knock at the door. I walked up and opened it to find Matt with a knife grinning evily down at me. I screamed though he easily caught me, holding both of my wrists in one of his hands. Then, then he 'r'ed me. Every little detail I saw and felt.

I woke up crying and shaking and whimpering. It felt so real. I muttered to myself. Shoot, I should be quieter, I might wake-

"Ahh!" I screamed as someone spoke.

"Sky are you ok?"

It was Zayn thank god.

"What's this with having a nightmare?" He asked, concern once again shown in his eyes.

"Nothing" I said way too quickly to sound convincing. Shit.

"Yeah, what was it about?"

Dang him. I thought for a moment. I didn't want to tell him about the 'r'ing, so I said the only good part of the dream,

"Uh...pancakes?" That was true but I knew he didn't believe me but at least he let it drop. For a moment I saw him about to say something, but catch himself.

The words came out of my mouth a minute later with out even thinking-

"Can you sleep up here?" Shit he is going to think I am really a freak. Who asks someone they just met to sleep in a bed together?? Fuuuudge.

"Sure," he responded and got into bed with me. I was shocked. Wow.

On instinct, I scooted as far away as possible, but after a few minutes I got cold and was about to give into what my body wanted: human contact.

I needed to have him hold me, I know, stupid, right? But there was something when his arms were around me that made me feel safe. Safe hasn't been something I have felt lately.

Right as I was about to give in, I remembered my nightmare. I couldn't hold it in me any longer, I felt like I would explode.

"I CAN'T DO IT!" I screamed. I really couldn't. I just can't. I screamed words that I don't even remember but I do remember him pulling me close to him.

I immedietly started to calm down as I breathed in his scent. The feeling was ineffable. It was wonderful. I felt like no one could hurt me, not even Matt.

Then Zayn did something that made this moment even better: he sang. And might I add, he has an amazing voice.

He should be a singer he is that good.

"You had a bad day..." I loved that song when I was younger. Younger. I am not 'young' any more, I lost that title a few days ago. I whimpered, but let his voice sing me the song.

"Goodnight, I'm here, nothing can hurt you," he whispered in my ear as he pushed some hair out of my eyes. I smiled and eventually fell asleep. I guess good things follow bad things.

--------------------------------

Zayn somehow managed to make me fall asleep without any nightmares. I am so grateful for that.

I woke up to my head buried into his chest and our legs tangled together. I could definetly wake up to this every morning-wait, what am I saying? I just met him like 12 hours ago?

Shoot, I got it bad. He is just being a nice friend, isn't he?