Chapter 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****here is the longer chapter I promised!*****

However, I didn't tell the policeman chief person about the raping, no one needed to know about that. And I mean no one.

It was my little secret, one that I would keep until the grave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, so, our next step is notifiying the American embassy, and in the meantime, we need to take you to the hospitial to get checked out. Mister-"

"Zayn"

"Ok, Zayn, did you happen to take any pictures of her bruising when you found her?"

He nodded. Why didn't I know about that?

"We will need to see them as evidence so please get them...Oh, and since this is dealing with the kidnapping from another country, it will be very confusing and a long process since it deals with your home country and this country, so we will need you to stay with us for a couple of days until we get this whole thing settled out."

I shook my head but I really didn't want to leave Zayn. I really enjoyed his company and the way he made me feel safe when I lied in his arms.

"Zayn, please don't leave me..." I whimpered.

"I know, but, please don't cry, love, we will get this all sorted out." he whispered to me. It felt as if he acted different around me now, like he was afraid of hurting me.

I didn't want him to treat me any different, but now he will. He will treat me like a little doll who can't even walk on her own.

We walked together to a police cruiser and got in the back. I had always wanted to feel what it would be like to sit in the back of a police car, so that was fun...I guess.

I was still a little worred, though, for one, I half-lied about what Jim/Matt did to me. I also lied about my age. I knew some how it would be found and stuff, but for now, I wanted to keep it a secret.

I hoped it would stay like that forever.

I could handle myself without having some guardian around, I mean, I am fifteen for crying out loud.

"Sky, we're here" Zayn nudged me.

"Oh, ok, sure" I responded, still in my little day-dream.

I felt so awkward walking into the hospital with a policeman following right behind. It made me feel like I was in trouble or had just gotten arrested.

"Robertson, Sky, kidnapped and abused, needs exam..." the policeman told the secretary.

The lady gave me a sympathetic look as she rang for a docotor.

I guess I will have to start to get used to those kinds of looks from now on.

"Zayn, we will need you to stay out in the waiting room while we exam Ms. Robertson. It will only take about twenty minutes..." the policeman said to Zayn.

We exchanged glances as I was pushed through a door and into a little exam-room.

To say I was nervous would be an understatement.

A young looking nurse came into the room and picked up my chart.

I tried to persuade her by saying I was fine.

"Please, Miss, I am alright, I can move, nothing hurts, and I feel better! See!" and I did a pathetic little dance to try and show that I was fine.

"I am sorry, but I was given orders. So, you were just hit a lot, right? Where was most of the bruising?"

I pointed to my arms and legs.