Chapter 13: 'Fast and Definitely Furious'

Gwen

Gabriella looked like she saw a ghost.

She clenched and unclenched her hands nervously; like she wanted to break something but still clinging to her little self–control.

I saw what she was looking at to find an unfamiliar logo. They vandalized her bike; went past through all the security measures–undetected.

"They vandalised it," I spoke out loud. Briella froze; like there was more to the story.

She sighed, "Yeah, they did," she weakly replied.

They need to paint it; a paintjob is that what it's called?

My uncle retired to an antique shop owner. He should know a thing or two about old stuff and motorcycles.

~~~

"Hmm," I hummed in answer as my estranged uncle gave me advice on what to do about the bike.

Briella looked so shaken up– it was unnerving. I tried cheering her up through reruns of How I Met Your Mother, but I was only rewarded with an empty chuckle and a fake smile.

Perhaps, she was as nostalgic as I was for being here.

"Oncle," I inquired any way he could help us, " Savez–vous qui peut réparer les voitures ou les vélos ?"

"Ah!" He recalled, "il y a un mécanicien dont j'ai entendu parler; il est très talentueux et rapide," I heard him riffle through papers, " son nom est Raffaele, il vit dans la banlieue de l'Italie – homme très reclus."

"Merci beaucoup," I glanced at Briella; who still wore a stoic mask, hiding her emotions once more and would most likely block me out, but this time, I'm prepared.

~~~

I pulled out the extension car with a hard tug, dust danced around me as I sneeze consistently– allergies.

Not that my face swells up suddenly; I just sneeze more times in a minute than anyone probably has in two months– so yeah snot–tastic.

I flailed my arms, waving off the dust as I tried to carry this 2000 lb. bike unto the enlarged cart. Then I realised that I could, slid a slot thingy up and a plane would fall down; making a sort of ramp I can move it onto.

After securing it in the large box on wheels; I yelled at Briella, "Come on, let's go," she still didn't move, I only have one last resort: "if you hurry up I might buy you some Mundo on the way there."

She shuffled– I mean yeah, she was dragging her feet, but she shuffled for Mundo, still moving slowly. I expected her to break into a full–out sprint and free herself from her depressing stupor, to get to her addiction and obsession, this is getting serious; she has to tell me.

~~~

Gabriella

I drummed with my fingers, on the window pane to a random tune; as Gee thinks of ways to make me tell her what happened– she's so readable.

I remembered taking her shopping; and got her a green dress, she hated it, she believes that green isn't her colour and makes her look like 'pixie's bridesmaid', whatever the hell that is. She didn't always hate green. In fact it was once her favourite colour.

Why we went shopping? I do not know, but it seemed like she wanted to distract me.

She mentioned something about helping me un–vandalise the bike at a friendly mechanic's, I don't mind but I doubt he can fix this bike.