Chapter 6: 'It Feels Like Summer'

Gabriella

The wind blew my hair as we drove by the hotel. Close to it was the circuit. Reporters surrounded the gates, I felt like something important is going to happen but I didn't know what.

Then it hit me.I realised that the paps could spot me.

I looked at Avery, who was still driving, "Uhm...let's use the back," I said quickly. There's another entrance and if it's blocked, we're screwed.

We turned around using the backside, luckily it was empty, I have to thank Goretti for their good choices in accommodations. I held Cookie in my arms and from the corner of my eye I could see the guards walking towards us in confusion.

Of course there's security here, the first guard came up to my window.

Ugh, I hate saying my name. A long time ago, I was exuberant any time I saw their faces pale once they processed my surname: Beneventi.

I mean, what's more ironic that the deadliest Italian mafia family whose surname means 'welcome'; and in some translations: 'hospitable'.

If a few people knew that I was a Beneventi, I'd think they'd treat me differently as they did before.

The guard knocked on my window again, "Identification ma'am?" I looked at Avery: she was waiting for me to answer.

"Gabriella Beneventi," I spoke hesitantly.

"An ID Miss," he spoke doubting my identity.

From ma'am to miss, I could see that he was getting annoyed. I flipped my entry card out of my wallet, and I watched all the blood drain from his face, "I'm so sorry ma'am," good we're back to ma'am, "please don't kill me," he didn't ask for his job, he asked for his life.

"Please let us in," I ignored the shaking man, whilst the second guard got the gist, and raised up the toll, with quivering arms.

Turning to the left, I realised that the guard's face wasn't the only paled one. I tried to shake Avery out her trance.

"You're–you– a Beneventi," and she fainted.

I manoeuvred her body so she was in the passenger's seat, and I in the driver's seat. And this is where the problem starts: I can't drive left–handed, the vehicle I drove was a moped and my race car is always customised to the right, so now I'm in a pickle.

I contemplated asking one of the guards to drive but they looked scared to death. And I don't want piss in my new car.

Speaking of which, I'll probably give this to Avery when she wakes up, if she can go to Santorini with the car, if not I'll donate it somewhere.

I finally park in the parking lot for VIP's and made Avery lean on me. Sure she's tiny–compared to me– but she's heavy or I have terrible upper–body strength.

Reaching for my phone, to call Leon to pick me up, on the second ring he picks, "Hey Gabby," his voice echoing in the car, "what's up?"

I snorted, looking at Avery, more like who's not up. "I went shopping today, can you please help with the bags," and Avery, it's not like I can get Avery through security like this, I might as well drag in a body bag.

"Sure, which side of the hotel?" I could hear him shutting the door of his apartment, in the hotel, and a buzz showing he locked his door with his card.

"The back–erm," I glanced around, then sighed when I spot what I was looking for, "side B," a large 'B' sits on the wall of the massive lodge, making me wonder how I missed it before.