Epilogue Part II: 'On My Way'

AFTER

December 25th, 20XX

Gabriella

"Papa, I don't like the rope thingy, around my neck," Sandro tugged at his tie, as his face twisted uncomfortably.

Raffaele chuckled, "Come on kiddo," he pulled our son closer to him, adjusting his tie.

"Mama, do I really need to wear this itchy dress?" Alessia whined. Her adorable face squished up.

Sighing, I knelt down in front of her, as I redid her bow for hundredth time, "Yes, you do honey," I kissed her forehead, "now let's go."

Cookie nipped at my ankles as we left, Cream doing the exact same thing to Alessia, making her squeal. Oreo, their daughter, jumped up at Sia's squeal, making her alert. Her cute bark momentarily distracted us.

"Okay, into the car now!" I ordered.

The red Range Rover, came up, with Raffaele driving it. The car matched our aesthetic, I and Alessia were wearing matching red dress, both having frills and the end of our dress. I had a plunging neckline, while Sia's was a boat neck line and was sleeveless.

Raffi and Sandro looked adorable in their matching suits, except Sandro hated blazers, so we chose a black vest instead. Their tie complimented the colour of our dresses.

"Now, remember what Mama and Papa taught you," I smiled at them, "Smile and don't answer any questions."

Raffi nodded in agreement, "If the lights become too harsh, squeeze our hand twice, and we'll leave there, okay?"

"Okay."

~~~

The flashing lights and the shouts of the paparazzi made Alessia wince. This reaction was better than last time's, she broke down because of all the noise – poor thing.

Questions flew in the air, the crowd went louder.

'Who is your heir?'

'Will they follow your footsteps and become racers?'

'Who is cuter?'

"I am," Alessia cheekily smiled, showing of her adorable grin as we laughed.

Sandro grumbling something in Italian. "Cazzate."

"Sandro we do not say such words here, or anywhere for that matter," I scolded him sternly.

He clutched my hand, "Sorry Mama," he pouted. Raffaele's chuckle snapped Sandro's attention to him.

"Let's go Ella," I rested on him.

After a few poses, we went into the hall. The cheerful ambiance brought a smile to my face. The Christmas Banquet, has been one of my favourite events, where I get to see everyone I love: friends and family.

Here, there are tables with place cards showing the family's surnames. There was a specific theme the table would have which matches the family theme for that year.

Although the colours in each theme are usually repeated, but no one minded. When you marry or start a family of your own, you get a new table with your new family's surname.

Overall there were about forty tables, each decorated with one of the usual Christmas colours: red, green, white, silver and gold.

When I was younger, I dreaded attending events like these – it meant more pinches on my cheek, and more embarrassing conversations.

But now, there has been more meaning to it, ever since I married Raffaele. There was a giddiness and pride that came with starting a new family. Especially when I have a table of my own.