Chapter 12: 'Why Don't You Dance With Me?'

Gabriella

I woke up to classic music reverberating throughout the house, we live a mansion– so that it self a huge feat.

Stay With Me by Sam Smith echoed, I rubbed my eyes and stepped out of the room, still in my pyjama shorts and a random over–sized shirt.

I glanced to my right to catch Gwen stepping out, wearing something similar to what I'm wearing, except I know who that shirt belongs to. "I didn't know Geo came over," I commented, he didn't the last time they talked was about two years ago.

At a fashion show for E&B's premiere, before then was three years ago, when he let me stay over– uses his place as an asylum. "Shut it," Gwen whisper–shouted, pushing my shoulder, as I laughed at her.

I descended the twirling stairs. I stopped to notice my parents dancing, they do this almost every Sunday morning, not because they have a certain image to hold, it's because my mum wants to.

Even if my dad complains about how much noise they're making, he still waltzed to her beat, with the same tenderness they had over 30 years ago.

Smiling as I tiptoed to the kitchen, hoping to not get caught and ruin their moment, I realised that's what I want to have: someone to hold me when I cry; someone to make me laugh when I need it the most; and someone who lets me cry on their shoulder in silence– they just know when to.

~~~

I was at the table, digging into my French toast, when mum decided to tell them about my worst childhood memories, "Did you know that Gabriella, over here once swallowed a pencil?" she grinned excitedly, I on the other had grimaced.

I tried to distract myself pouring pancake syrup on my breakfast– yes it works well with French toast.

Avery and Leon walked down stairs– together. At the same time. That's kinda suspicious.

Avery took the seat across me, Leon beside her. A few 'Good Mornings' and a 'Pass me the Bacon' chorused, okay so the last one was from me but that doesn't matter.

Gwen giddily filled them on about my humiliation. Before my mum continued.

"It was a day after Halloween–," she started. The syrup I poured slipped off the plate. Gwen was to my right, pointing a fork in my face– snickering at my embarrassment. Oh wow thanks, aren't you a good friend.

"–Oh God no–" I muttered. I got a napkin and dabbed of all the abandoned syrup on the side of the plate– satisfied with my work I balled it up and threw it in the trash can and it entered. Kobe. Well then again it was right beside me...

"–When Guilio decided to buy her candy," she pointedly spoke blaming it on my dad. I sipped on my orange juice quietly– this some nice orange juice.

"Hey, I didn't know what sweets to get and it was a new arrival," he defended himself.

I laughed at their antics, mum rolled her eyes, but the sides of her mouth twitched up, "Anyways, he got this cute little pencil shaped candy, strawberry and looked like an actual pencil," she paused giggling herself, whilst I groaned, everyone joined in to laugh at me, sigh.

"She really liked them, so the next day, she saw a pencil on the table, a yellow 2B one I used to mark with, crosschecking excavations and the likes," oh heavens, no.

Avery and Leon looked surprised, "You're an archaeologist?" Yes, change the topic.

She laughed, "Yeah I am." I smeared butter on my toast– not French toast, just normal toast.