Chapter 7: 'Follow The Blue Print Road'

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I usually put these notes at the end, but I want to know how you found this book:

· Recommendation

· Reading list

· Checked my profile

· Other

Oh and don't be a silent reader

xoxo

Novel_bae

~~~

Gabriella

I stared at the dog house set in front of me, no biggie. Be like Dorothy, follow the yellow brick road but in this case the blue prints, about screws, wrenches, hammers and metal thing–a–ma–jigs.

Two hours later, I was frustrated, with a construction that looks like wooden abstract art, that got burnt, died, and was burnt again. Is the glue gun meant to be on the dog house? Oh no I'm screwed! Get it? Okay no.

My very own tin–man, came out of her room, stretching her back and legs; a large pop reverberated throughout the room, showing us how rusty tin–girl needs oiling.

Ha, I guessed I said that out loud, as she cringed, as I continued to laugh, Gwen joining my mirth.

With her blonde hair in a mess and sleep still clouding her eyes, she let out a yawn, "You trying contemporary art?"

Gwen, entered the kitchen an hour ago, to start breakfast answers for me, while I rest starfish–style on the floor, tired of any attempt to do anything.

"She's trying to build that dog house," she lifts her hand to Cookie's little bed in the corner of the living room, where the pack of the doghouse was, a picture of the perfect ensemble mocked me.

Her cup of orange juice being her pointing arrow, while she rests on the marble counter top that divides the kitchen from the lounge.

"Ohh, I guess carpentry isn't for everyone" Avery snickered, whilst Gwen in the kitchen laughed, almost cackling, "I think you should stick to racing."

"You should have seen her wood work project," Gwen commented still laughing.

I didn't know Gwen that well in high school even though we met when we were kids, back then we were childhood friends who became acquaintances as social circles brought in a sort of distance.

Luckily, we rekindled our friendship after university. "You weren't in my wood work class." I spoke sounding as confused as I truly am.

"I wasn't, that's how bad it was," she replied, starting Avery's second round of giggles. But Gee wasn't done embarrassing me yet, "The school even put it as a kind of motivation 'Give woodwork a try, you can't be as bad as this'," she was full on laughing in between it.

"And then the school council used it as a guide, 'Please do not do this and that,' criticising everything wrong about her work, simply to say that newsletter was a long."

~~~

BEFORE

September 11th, 2013

Gwen

I found Gabriella at her locker, in the hallway. I hardly see her anymore, I couldn't talk to her at lunch because her table was full – and the social heirachy of this school won't let me talk to her.

"I liked your wood work project," I laughed at her reaction as I mocked her. She adjusts her red tie and hangs her grey school sweater in her locker.