Chapter 17: 'I Got Thrills'

Gabriella

"Wrench," I searched for the metallic tool, the cool surface sent a brief chill through me, I needed it– it was so hot here. I placed it in his hand.

A few minutes of clanking sounds he voiced, "Glue," I placed the Elmer's glue in his outstretched hand. I went back to what I was doing, reading an e–magazine on Pietrapertosa.

For the record the SIM card was destroyed into bits making me more untraceable. The only risk is the Wi–Fi I'm using but I 'cloaked' myself– I learnt that from Geo.

"Drill," Raffaele asked after a few more clanking noises. I handed him the power drill, reading more about this rocky paradise. With hills and mountains with high peaks the thrills are never ending.

The whirring of the drill started, surprising me and making me drop my phone, luckily it landed on the metal counter that lined up the walls of his awesome garage –I would never tell him that to his face.

"What the frick, Raffaele?" I spoke for the first time in hours. He came from wherever he was with an adorable pout on his face. I got a clean face cloth and used it to dab the dots of oil on his face.

He had oil on his face and his hair was scattered and a mess– a hot mess. It's not fair he could look so gorgeous without trying.

Behind him was a weird contraption, "What the frick is this?" I asked. Wondering why it looked like something I would do. He's a mechanic, he's meant to be good at these things, right? "I thought you were a good mechanic?"

He spun a screw on his finger and looked up at me, "Huh?" he dropped the metal fastener, "I didn't hear what you said," he looked at me, giving me his full, unwavering attention.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks. I cleared my throat to break the prolonged silence. "What is that?" I pointed at the weird thing.

It's worse than when I do DIY stuff. "I was bored," he shrugged, "And I had nothing to do anyways." Uhm, hello my bike?

"I have a race coming up in like a week," I told him, "mountain climb and all that," I waved my hands exaggeratedly. "Just please help me fix it." I pleaded.

He looked shocked at the quick change in my emotions, and raised an eyebrow. "I'm bored," he whined as he fell back on the turquoise sofa– like I said before, little hints of wealth.

I looked at my phone which was still on the website about the thrills of Pietrapertosa. "There isn't any kind of amusement park here right?"

"Why do you ask?" he spoke his attention once again on the screw on his finger, it was irritating me how it spun so perfectly; dancing on his finger.

I pushed myself of the wooden cabinet my back rested on, "The website says here that Pietrapertosa, is a wonderful place for mountain climbing, mountain racing, you know anything mountain related," and the one thing I've always wanted to do.

Raffi –Raffaele snorted, "No shit Sherlock." I punched his arm– the one with the screw. The metal fastener leaped off his hand for a second and fell back to his ring finger, landing in perfect sync.

"Anyways," I changed the topic, "the point is, let's go," I paced in front of the plush couch he sat on, "Zip–lining," I jazz hand to exaggerate. I was so excited.

Gee's sister, Sofia, said it was awesome. The Russian daredevil and I were quite notorious for the trouble we got into when we were younger.

I know she's dabbling in some illegal stuff: unlike her parents and most of her family that don't dirty their hands in such– but rather watch from a distance. I just hope she doesn't ever put herself in some difficult situations.