Chapter 15: 'Reminding You Not To Forget'

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I really wanted to write this book without dates– giving you guys the fun of creating the timeline properly, but to avoid confusion, I must simply add them– I hope it makes sense to you, and if any of you do science does Raffaele's surname, that Ella knew back then, ring a bell: 'Guanine'.

Hope you enjoy this update and don't be afraid to press that star button

xoxo

Novel_bae

~~~

BEFORE

July 7th, 2012

Gabriella

I skipped some steps and then sat on the railing of the staircase sliding down and landed with a smile, today was Saturday, tomorrow would be my first day at my camp, a step to my goal– to be the best racer I can be.

"Dad, Mom, aren't we going for our jog this morning, I have a new chew toy I wanted Claire to play with," I throw the new, squishy, mini– soccer ball in the air and caught it effortlessly, "Guils decided to stay back," I grimace, "Boring!" I shouted.

I frown as my echo answered me– not the response I was aiming for, "Mom, Dad where are you?" I asked more fervently, now I'm worried.

I heard the shuffling of paper, "I'm hear darling," my mum answered. I walked in ready to ask why she would scare me like that when I noticed someone in the room.

I curtsied a little before I greeted, a "Good morning," and he replied with a nod. How rude.

He looked about Guils age or more, Guils is a decade older than me, a little bit more should be the difference between both of us, so I should respect him, I reasoned. But the way Guils looked at him like every word he said is genius unnerved me.

"Good morning Bambi," dad greeted me briefly hugging me, before turning back to what he was doing.

It was until dad greeted me that Guilia realised I existed, "Oh hi sis," yeah sis. I've lived with you for 15 years and this stranger comes in and you can't remember my name, "this is Stuart," he waved a little distractedly, and I could notice him blush at my intense stare. Wimp.

Stuart pushed his black–rimmed glasses up, as he picked up his pen and started working on sketches with Guils, him speaking in hushed voices and her hanging on his every word like a fricking blonde bimbo.

"Dad let's go to the park," my patience was thinning, it's almost noon, it's a morning jog, done in the morning not afternoon, "Guilia can stay with Robert over here," Guils nodded once again enthralled with the bonzo, like she forgot how to speak when he arrived, Bertram looked like he was about to correct me about his name, but when he saw my face, he realised I didn't care.

"Oh honey we can't go," Dad paused, "Guilia has something more important to do." She always does.

"I'm going to the Camp tomorrow," I reminded them exasperatedly, my parents looked confused and guilty that they forgot– of course they did.

They always do, but somehow they remember the exact position of a jewel on any of Guils designed dresses, or the exact seating arrangement for each of her fashion shows.

"You guys never remember," I spoke out my voice always cracking. "When was the last time we actually bonded?" I tried to persuade them.

They completely missed the point, "We can go when you come back," my dad offered.

Mum butted in, "We could break you out of the camp next week Friday if you want," she clapped excitedly, I would have laughed at her enthusiasm if it weren't for the problem at hand.