Chapter 26

I was standing in the kitchen making myself some pancakes when I felt an arm wrap around my waist. Mason nuzzled his head against my neck and kissed my skin. "What are you doing up so early baby?"

"Mmm the little one wanted pancakes and I couldn't get comfortable so I got up." I tell him as I put the pancakes onto a plate.

Mason bent down and rested his hands on my stomach. "You need to be good to your momma. She needs all the sleep she can get to grow you." He raised up my shirt, which was actually his, and kissed my belly. His touch made the baby start kicking again.

"Are you wanting to find out the gender?" I ask Mason.

"Yeah that way we can quit calling it an it." He tells me and I nod. "Do you? Ultimately it's up to you. If you don't want to then I'll be fine with waiting."

"No I want to. I don't like calling it an it either." I tell him. "Do you want some pancakes or are you going back to bed?"

"I'll make my own, just go sit down and feed the little one." He tells me. I nod and walk to the table and start devouring my pancakes. They were delicious. Mason came and sat down beside me a few minutes later with his own stack of pancakes.

"We should decorate for Christmas." I suggest.

"I'm down for that. We will have to go out and buy some stuff. I've never decorated and the few things I did put out was in the apartment so I don't have any decorations or a tree." He tells me.

"We could go to hobby lobby, they probably would have everything." I say and he nods.

"We can get ready and leave after we are all done." He tells me. I nod and finish off my pancakes.

"I'm going to jump in the shower." I tell him.

"Alright. Holler if you need me." He says. I take my plate to the sink and rinse it off before getting in the shower. I relaxed under the hot water as I washed my hair. I turned the water off and wrapped myself in a towel before stepping out.

I went back to my room to pick out an outfit. I picked out a loose fitting long sleeved top with a pair of jeggings that looked like jeans and some brown ankle boots. Since it was officially December I wanted to dress sort of Christmasy. I used to love Christmas but after the accident last year, I didn't celebrate it. This year I'm happy and I feel way better.

After I brushed my hair and put on some light makeup, I went to find Mason

After I brushed my hair and put on some light makeup, I went to find Mason. He was in Layla's room getting her changed. I picked out a light brown sweater and some gray leggings. They would be warm enough for her since it was getting cooler out.

Mason was already dressing in a pair of ariat jeans, a red flannel and a vest. "What would we be able to fit more stuff into, my jeep or your truck?" I ask him.

"Probably the truck since we are getting a tree. It would be tight with the jeep. Plus it isn't supposed to rain so it will be fine in the back." He tells me and I nod. He grabbed Layla and her diaper bag before we left. He drove us into town and towards the mall where Hobby Lobby was located. He parked and we walked in together. He had our hands entwined as he put Layla in the cart and pushed it into the store.