Chapter 33

We got to bring Carter home the next morning. All of his tests went great and he was doing good with breast feeding. I was beyond ready to bring him home and get a little bit of sleep in my own bed.

Of course that wasn't what happened. It turns out that Carter hates car rides. He screamed the whole way home and that caused Layla to start crying. By the time we got home Layla had cried so hard that she started puking. Mason had to go and try to calm her down while I tried to calm Carter down.

I haven't been around newborn babies before Carter and I couldn't help but be scared. I always felt like I could drop him or that I'd hurt him by holding him wrong. I think he picked up on my fears and cried that much harder.

Eventually Mason was able to get Layla to calm down and he put her to bed. He came in our room and helped me with Carter. He bounced him around and was able to get him to go to sleep. We set him in the small crib that was beside of our bed. That was where he'd be staying for the first few months. I wanted him close to us.

We got newborn pictures done the evening after we came home. We did them at the shop and everyone got to meet Carter. Greg fell in love with him until Carter spit up all over his shirt. I thought it was funny but Greg didn't.

Mason and I FaceTimed with my parents to show them Carter

Mason and I FaceTimed with my parents to show them Carter. They was in awe at how big he was for being early. They were also proud and it made me feel great to know that they were proud of me. Not many parents are proud of there daughter when they get pregnant young.

I made the mistake the first time and my dad was pretty accepting but my mom was very disappointed in me and gave me the cold shoulder. It made her turning on me after the accident that much easier. This time is different though. At first it wasn't but now everything is coming together. It was in gods plan for this to happen because it brought me and Mason together.

It's the 6th day of having Carter home now

It's the 6th day of having Carter home now. He has been pretty good but having to wake up almost every hour of the night gets exhausting. Both Mason and I are walking around like zombies. We made a schedule and we alternate getting up but I'm the one who has to get up most of the time to feed him since I'm his food source.