Chapter 38

A whole week up puking and feeling horrible. Masons parents still had the kids. Mason has had to run some milk to them for Carter but other then that Mark and Bridget were loving the extra time to spend with their grandkids. We FaceTime them a few times a day just to help Layla not act up from missing us.

Mason still thinks I was getting over the stomach bug, but for the past couple days I have been thinking. The thought scares me shitless if I'm being honest. There's no way for me to tell unless I buy a test. I still have yet to get my period from just having Carter 6 months ago so I can't see if I'm late.

I wanted to tell Mason yesterday the second that I thought about it but I'm scared. I'm scared of what he will say and if he will leave me. We both said we didn't want anymore kids. His dad hated the idea that we had Carter so young after he already had Layla. He was just getting back into racing and he's opening his own track next year since it didn't work out this year.

On the other hand, I want to tell him soon. He was upset that I waited so long to tell him last time so I want to tell him as soon as I find out this time. I also think that I need some support for this. I really don't want to be pregnant. My life was full and I finally had a plan in place. Now it's all going to be up in the air depending on a little plastic stick.

I sat in the room trying to gain enough courage to go and talk to Mason. He was outside working on his truck. Something about a filter needed changing.

Before I could back out, I stood up and walked out onto the front steps. I seen Mason standing on a stool and looking under the hood of his truck. "Hey Mase?"

"Yeah baby?" He asked as he looked up and met my eye.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask and he nods. He wipes his hands off onto a rag before coming in the house.

"That sentence never ends well." He says and gives a small laugh as he sits down beside of me.

"I'll always love you but-." I start and he cuts me off.

"That really doesn't sound good. You're not breaking up with me are you?" He asks with pleading eyes and it's my turn to laugh.

"No! I'd never but after hearing this you might." I said with my nerves coming back.

"What?" He asked and I could tell that he was confused.

"This puking and feeling horrible. It's the same way I was when I got pregnant with Carter. There's no way for me to be able to tell for sure. I haven't had a period and my breasts are always tender from breastfeeding."

"You think your pregnant?" He asks and I nod. He stares down at his boots and I hold my breath. "We will go buy a test then, so we can find out."

"What will we do?" I ask gently.

"If it's negative then we move on like it didn't happen and if it's positive, we will continue this conversation." He tells me and I give him a small nod. "I didn't think you could get pregnant while breastfeeding?"

"I think it's rare but you still can." I tell him and he just nods. He stands up and walks into the bedroom. I leave him alone incase he needs time to digest the information. Instead he comes out a few minutes later wearing a new outfit that didn't have grease on it.

"Let's take a trip to the store?" He asks and reaches for my hand. I nod and allow him to pull me up. He kisses my temple before pulling me out the door and to my jeep. I hand him the keys and I get in. I didn't have enough energy to change so I just went wearing Masons shirt and a pair of sweat pants.

Mason pulls into Walgreens and turns to me. "I'll go in and get it, what brand?"

"Doesn't really matter but clear blue and first response are the brands I've heard of." I tell him. He nods and gives me a quick peck on the lips before getting out and walking into the store. A few minutes later he walks out with a bag in his hand. He sets the bag at my feet as he starts to drive back to the house.