Chapter 17

"Avery." I heard Masons voice and his hand was on my shoulder. I was sitting up by the toilet and I must've fallen asleep.

"Mmm. What?" I ask in a sleepy voice.

"What time is your appointment?" He asks me.

"10:30." I tell him.

"It's almost 9. We probably need to leave soon so that we can stop at your friends place to get you some different clothes and we can stop for breakfast." He tells me and offers me his hand. He pulls me up. "Did you have a rough night? I didn't hear you get up."

"I didn't get up until about 6 this morning." I told him. I had convinced him that he needed to sleep in the bed and I would stay on the couch incase I got sick. He wanted to sleep down there with me to make sure I didn't have any night terrors, which I did have. They weren't too bad but it was enough to wake me up and once I was awake my nausea set in.

"I'm sorry. I would've got up and helped you or just sat with you." He said with a frown but I waved him off.

"It's fine. I don't want to mess up yours and Layla's sleep." I tell him.

Last night when we got back to the toter, Layla refused to have Mason hold her. She wanted me 24/7. She started crying when I gave her to Mason so that I could take a quick shower. I had to change her and put her to bed. She wanted nothing to do with Mason.

"How's Layla this morning?" I ask him.

"I haven't woken her up yet. I wanted to find out when we needed to leave first." Mason says and I nod. Layla's pack n play was shoved against the far end of the toter. She was sleeping peacefully in it until Mason went over there and started rubbing her back to wake her up.

"Layla, sweetie, wake up baby girl." Mason cooed to her. She stirred around and sat up. Her eyes looked at Mason for a second before they found mine. She shot her hands up in my direction. "What did you do to my girl?" Mason asks me with a laugh.

"She likes me better." I told him and went to pick her up. "Do you want me to get her dressed while you get her food?"

"Sure. Thank you." He said and went to get her some baby oatmeal. I changed Layla's diaper and then found her some clothes. I put her in some denim shorts and a cream sweater with white converses. Baby clothes are adorable. I would wear this look myself.

"It's time to eat baby girl

"It's time to eat baby girl." Mason says and picks her up. She squirms around and makes a whimper sound when he tries to feed her. She dodged her head every time the spoon gets near her mouth. "Layla, you have to eat and then you can go back to Avery."

She still wouldn't cooperate so I told Mason that I could do it so that we could leave on time. I was still wearing Masons shirt and my shorts from yesterday so I definitely needed to swing by Gills place to change.

After I had finished feeding Layla, we got in the truck and headed to Gills apartment. I gave Mason the directions and we were soon pulling into the parking garage. I went to step out of the truck but Layla wasn't happy and started to cry when I left so I told Mason that they could come in and meet Gill.