Chapter 20

We finally finished the house. Every room has now been filled and decorated other than the spare room and the soon to be nursery. It's taken us a little over a week but it's finished. (Pictures of furnished house at the bottom of the last chapter)

It's Thanksgiving and I just finished prepping all of the food. The turkey is in the oven, the casseroles and sides are either already cooked or on the stove, and Mason has set the table. His parents, Lacey's family, and Chris and his girlfriend will all be coming in a couple hours. "Can you watch the stove so I can go and get ready?"

"Sure. Could you dress Layla too? I know you will put her in something way cuter than I would." He asks and I nod. I'd never pass up an opportunity to dress Layla.

I went to my room and pulled out some of my buckle ripped jeans, a white cami tank top, and an orange cardigan. Until we announced to his family, I would keep the cardigan over my little bump. I also picked out a pair of ankle boots to go with it.

I finished my hair and makeup and then went to Layla's room where she was on the floor playing with toys

I finished my hair and makeup and then went to Layla's room where she was on the floor playing with toys. I found a yellow dress and paired that with her white leggings and brown boots. I put a head band in her hair and she looked adorable.

"Come on Layla, let's go make sure your daddy didn't burn our food

"Come on Layla, let's go make sure your daddy didn't burn our food." I say and she giggles at me. I walk back to the kitchen to where Masons standing. "How does she look?"

"You both look amazing." He says and comes over to kiss Layla on the head. He puts his hand on my belly and rubs it. "It's hard to think that next Thanksgiving, there will be a new little baby."

"How do you think your parents are going to take it?" I ask him. I'm nervous to tell people. Especially our families.

"They should be okay with it I think." He says and I nod. "It doesn't matter what they think, it only matters about you and I."

"It would still be better to have people on our side." I tell him.

"Don't stress about it. Stress isn't good for the baby." He rubs my shoulders and I sigh. "Where did we put the sign?" We had found a sign that we could put letters on. It read 'the turkey isn't the only thing in the oven this year, coming in June' and then we put my ultrasound picture on it. (Picture at top) That was how Mason was going to tell his family.